Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Oh the Madness of Summer

Things have been CRAZY around our household lately. The last three weekends have not felt like weekends so that makes things seem even more crazy! We've had lots of family around (which we love). Here's a picture of Saydi and Audrey (Mark's oldest brother's baby). They got two of these dresses and so they gave the smaller one to Saydi so we dressed them the same and tried to get some pics. Saydi would start bawling (which is deafening) and it would scare Audrey so she would start to cry and then Saydi would calm down. It was actually really funny.

I am still doing some occasional work from home and I was busy with a project this last week so that was a little insane figuring out how to manage life with two kids and working and everything else that comes with being a grown up. Of course, I shouldn't have stayed up late playing Settlers of Catan with Sean, Mark and Marlene if I was responsible, but I'm not so oh well! It was fun though. 

The other night Weston was throwing a fit about going to sleep which he never does so I couldn't figure out what he wanted. I finally realized he wanted to still read his books so I let him have them and when I went to check on him later that night this is what I found.

He's so adorable. I just love listening to him. Every day his babble sounds more and more like words. I still can't understand one single word though which can be very frustrating for both of us. Here's a cute video of him playing in the pool the other day.
Another fun thing was when I ran into one of my best friends from high school at Target, Chelsie (Searle) Boyle. We decided to get together before she goes back home to Moscow so she came over the other day with her baby Zoey. Zoey was due about three 
weeks before Saydi and Saydi ended up being six days older then her. You would never know it from these pictures though! Zoey's a big girl and she's so adorable. Thanks for coming over Chels! It was so great to catch up.

Our corn is coming in great, we're planning a camping trip for labor day weekend (which I can NOT wait for!) and we also found out recently that Stephanie (Mark's niece that's been in lots of my other posts) got her GED and is going to come live with us and work to save money so she can study abroad. She'll be here for one semester so it will be nice to have some extra time with her before she moves away. We've had sick kids, with a "man cold" included - see here, a birthday, scouts, and lots of work to keep us busy. Life is crazy but also great. We are so blessed to have such great children and family members. But I'm definitely looking forward to the lazy days of fall and winter!

5 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

It sounds like you have been busy. I love the pictures of Saydi and her cousin. They are adorable. Weston is too cute sleeping with his books. I am glad I am not the only mom who can't understand her son. I feel so bad, he is trying to tell me something, but I just don't get it. I hope work and babies are going well. You have adorable children.

Brett and Cherice said...

Cute pictures! I love Weston sleeping with his books - too cute. That is awesome you where able to catch up with Chelsie and see her little Zoey:)

Taunya Spaulding said...

wow you have been busy! cute pictures!

The Christensens said...

I love Sadie's Baby Announcement. It is perfect. I hear you about growing up and being responsible. Hope things start slowing down a little for you though. What a beautiful family you have!

Peterson Family said...

Love the man cold clip! Isn't it so true! It's so hard getting sick being a mom because you're supposed to be the one taking care of everyone else! That's what mom's are for--for taking care of everyone else, right! So, who takes care of mom when she gets sick? Seriously?! I was sick with a bug last week and let me just say the boys watched a TON of tv! Your kids are so cute! I love looking at your pictures! I am also looking forward to slowing down a bit--if it will! I'm not really looking forward to the cold, but oh well.