Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Catching Up

Wow have we been busy. These few cold days we've had are sure making me anxious for fall and winter and some lazier days! To start with I wanted to post this picture of Miss and I that we took on my birthday before we went shopping. She's having a baby girl in November. Doesn't she look adorable?!
Saydi is getting bigger in lots of ways but staying small in lots of others. She talks SO much now and can say, "look", "was dis", "ball", and "juice". She says ball the most often though and is rarely seen without one in her hand. She can imitate an elephant (she puts her arm up and makes a noise) and she makes a noise for lions too. On the other hand, she's still not walking or even CLOSE to doing it and hasn't even really mastered standing up by herself even though she's been doing it for two months. I'm starting to wonder if she has fluid in her ears that's messing up her equilibrium since she's had a few ear infections so I'm debating about taking her in to get that looked at. The guess work behind motherhood is not always fun!
This little guy continues to amaze me daily with his instinctive goodness. He is such a great brother and is so obedient almost all of the time. He still doesn't know his alphabet or his numbers but he will repeat each one after me so hopefully it will start sinking in soon. I really love this age and the fact that he can tell me when he wants to eat, go for a walk, ride in the car, go outside, or watch a show. He really is turning into a little boy and it's fun to watch even though it can be sad to see his "babyness" fading.

In other news, we got home from a trip to Utah last weekend and woke up to kids barfing ALL DAY LONG. It was truly my first experience with such sick kids. It was a nightmare. Towards the end of the day it started coming out the other end and unfortunately, after three days, we are still in that boat. =( On Friday Weston will be getting tubes in his ears. He's had lots of infections and has perpetual fluid in his ears, infection or not. We also found out he has mild hearing loss which explains a lot of the "ignoring" that has been going on lately. "Huh" is a word I hear about 10 times a day! So even though I'm nervous about my little boy undergoing a surgery I really feel like these tubes will help him in lots of ways and he will be even happier then he already is. And that's a lot of happiness coming our way!

3 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

you guys have been busy! Melissa does look so cute! :) Sorry to hear about weston-that's no fun. hopefully those tubes will work! good luck with the surgery! :)

gibandshi said...

Tell Miss I think she looks adorable and congrats!!! Don't worry about the not walking, Jonathan showed absolutely NO sign of walking even at 16 mths. I was so worried, he wouldn't even stand up to things, but one day he woke up and just started walking, or running, so it will happen! Good Luck!

Brett and Cherice said...

Way to go Saydi! She talks so good, better than Logan! HA:) Those tubes do wonders and seriously only take 5 minutes to put in, it is a pain they have to put them all the way under, but they are so worth it in the end:)