Thursday, June 21, 2012

Purple Party!

Saydi has been asking for a purple party for her birthday literally since Weston had his birthday. And yesterday she got it! I can't believe she is three already. Mind boggling. I was awake with Jonas and heard her coming upstairs so I came out to tell her happy birthday. She turned the corner from coming upstairs, saw her purple decorations everywhere and just completely stopped. I asked her what today was and her eyes got huge and she said, "My purple party!" Adorable. 

I had a lot of errands I had to run but that was great for Saydi because she loves being out and about. So we did that and went to the library and then had a picnic by the waterfall. Something we do about once a week lately!
After naps we played in the pool. Saydi just laid in there for about thirty minutes. She loves water.
 The purple cake that I have been hearing about for six months. I dyed a white cake purple so it was purple inside too. When I put it on Saydi's plate she said, "It's pretty!"
 Saydi joined right in with us and sang "Happy Birthday" to herself! The second I put the cake in front of her she blew out her candles. Cracked me up.
 Wanna know what my favorite thing about this picture is? Jonas. It is hilarious to me how hard he was straining to see the cake and what was going on.
My parents brought over a gift for Saydi and Jonas (and even a little something for Wes, bless their hearts).
Weston was a little too helpful but Saydi didn't care in the least and even asked him to help. It was sweet.
 Boys and their knives. I don't get it. But they come in handy!
  We got Saydi this backpack and Dora cell phone and map during the after Christmas sales. It has been burning a hole in the top of my closet and I was so excited to give it to her. She looked at it and smiled like this for a good 30 seconds. She loves it!
Overall it was a successful day I hope. I have tried to make my kids' birthday's more about what they do rather than what they get and they don't seem to mind. Saydi has grown up so much this last year and she is so much fun. She is definitely difficult sometimes (almost daily if I'm being honest!) but she is also insanely good and helpful. She says the funniest things. I want to put some of her funniest things on the blog so I don't forget.
-I was getting her out of the tub last Sunday morning and I was teasing her and telling her what a cute little bum she has. She said, "I got it at the store."
-The other night we were talking about fire and I said, "Who do we call if there's a fire?" Saydi looked at me like that was the dumbest question ever and without hesitating said, "Jesus."
-Me: "Saydi do you want some more crackers?"
Saydi: "No."
Me: "No, thank you."
Saydi: "You're welcome."
-About five times a day she says, "Mom, guess what?" and then proceeds to tell me the most insane, crazy made-up story you ever did hear. Some of them are pretty hilarious.
She also knows her alphabet, all her colors and shapes and can count to ten. Yet she can't spell her own name. Go figure. She is a smart, motherly, affectionate, funny little girl and we could not be more privileged to have her as ours! We love you Saydi bug! 

4 comments:

The Stones said...

Awe, everything turned out so cute! What a good mama you are. I love how excited she was for all of it. So sweet! Happy Birthday, Saydi bug!

Kimber Bowen said...

What an adorable little girl she is. I can't believe she is three either. It seems like yesterday I was reading your post on how early she was joining this world. She is beautiful. I love her purple party!

Andrew and Steph said...

Jen your kids have gotten SO big! I have been MIA from the blogging world and had to sit down and catch up. I love the posts. SO cute!

Brett and Cherice said...

A purple birthday! You are such a good momma:) Glad Saydi had a good birthday!