Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mountain River Ranch

We went camping last weekend and as we are doing it again this weekend for a family reunion I decided I better get these pictures up here before I am overloaded. Mark's mom and Jerry were going to Mountain River Ranch up by Heise and they invited us to join them. It was a last minute, spur of the moment thing and we were all glad we went. Minus the sunburns Mark and I got, the hives that Weston woke up with after we got home and the heat. But besides that...a good time! =)

Sitting in this fun little wagon...
 Until daddy decides just sitting in it is no fun. I am not sure if he was allowed to do this or not, but he did it! 
Jonas was very confused as to why he couldn't go with.
 What you can't see are the gallons worth of sweat on both Mark and I. It was upwards of 90 degrees. Sadly, it was cooler than if we had stayed cooped up in our house. =/
 After a late night of sitting by a fire and chatting the kids were awake bright and early and spent the time before breakfast pulling each other in the wagon Grammy brought.
 Considering Weston is pushing 40 lbs I would say Saydi is pretty strong!
 We spent pretty much the entire rest of the day at Heise. It was fun but got really ridiculously crowded. Weston loved the slide. Saydi had to be convinced every time but did go down a handful of times. We came back to our camp site and the kiddos slept in Grammy's camper for a while and then we headed back.
 And Jonas spent almost every minute getting into trouble or throwing rocks. He was not happy unless he was playing in the rocks. Or eating the dirt. I let him throw the rocks but not eat the dirt. A fair compromise I thought. Jonas...not so much.
All in all it really was a good time. I just don't enjoy camping as much with a baby as young as J. You seriously do not get to sit and enjoy yourself for one second when they are up and about because they are into EVERYTHING! And really, even Mark (Mr. Campaholic) said it was just way too hot. So...we are back at it this weekend but only because it is a family reunion. After that I am probably (read: definitely) saying "adios" to camping for 2012 (and maybe '13).

2 comments:

The Stones said...

Looks like lots of fun! Cute, cute kiddos. And I love that pic of you and Mark. You are sooo photogenic!

Taunya Spaulding said...

oh fun! i didn't know you could camp up there. John and I went there on one of our first dates with his family during the winter and took a sleigh ride and had dinner! Memories...Glad you all had a great time! :)