Monday, August 20, 2012

We're Bored

I think my kids take after me too much. They don't love summer. At least, not as much as other normal kids do. They are ready for fall and every day Weston asks me if the leaves are falling off the trees yet. Probably because he knows that has to happen before his birthday will get here. =) So here are some pictures to show how we are passing the time.

This little guy is getting bigger every day. He was playing with Trevor's hat the other day and it was hilarious when he would keep it on his head. He is starting to say words but still mostly just babbles. But he says "go" a lot which I love. Little baby voices are the sweetest.
 We killed a few hours this morning with this little contraption.
 Don't be fooled - Saydi pretty much rocketed down this thing! It was pretty hilarious.
 Weston brought home some seeds that he had planted months ago when he was in school. Well, those little seeds have now turned into these beautiful marigold and zinnia plants. He is so proud and has loved watching them grow.
I feel guilty that I admittedly haven't taken advantage of summer as much as I probably should (although we have done everything on our list that we wanted to). I supposed I can muster of some pretend enjoyment for the last month or so. Or maybe we will just make a paper chain to count down the days until fall. =)

1 comment:

Brett and Cherice said...

Mattresses on the stairs! That looks so fun! You are such a good momma:)