Thursday, November 1, 2012

Getting In the Picture

I recently read this article (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/allison-tate/mom-pictures-with-kids_b_1926073.html) about how important it is for us to get in the picture with our kids and let them see that we were with them. It really struck a chord with me. I don't like pictures. I over analyze and criticize myself so I find it easier to just avoid them. But I want my kids to see me, flaws and all, and remember the way I was when they were little. Even if I have a piece of hair in front my face that my husband didn't tell about, like in this picture. =)


So here's to getting in the picture. And hopefully my kids will look at these and have good memories of the way their lives were, because I know I always will remember this time in my life (and theirs) as one of the best times of my life.

3 comments:

Brett and Cherice said...

Jen, way to go. I too need to 'get in pictures.' Thanks for this post and for such cute pics of you and your kids:) Love all your other updates. I miss you! We need to get together soon:)

Taunya Spaulding said...

uh, you look cute in all of these pictures with your kids! but, hey, don't we all critize ourselves?? cute halloween pictures! looks like you all had a lot of fun!
we need to get together and go see bridget's baby! :)

Stewart Family said...

Jen you are the cutest mom ever! I'm pretty sure you are the 'flawless' person I know! Really cute pics. Looks like Halloween was fun! :)