Saturday, September 4, 2010

History Repeated

It occurred to me last night that Weston and Saydi's relationship is very much like my relationship was with my sister, Miss, when we were little:

Weston (Miss) is a complete mother hen. He is always worried about whatever Saydi might be doing or where she is if he doesn't know. When I get him snacks or juice he always wants to know if he can take some to Saydi. He constantly is saying, "Saydi, c'mon" to make sure she will follow him wherever he goes to play. Although he doesn't always want her to play with his things which can sometimes result in a fit (like this one),
he does always want her to be in the same general area as him so that he has the option of playing with her if he so chooses. He adores his baby sister and his number one concern is her.

Saydi (me) on the other hand treats Weston a little differently even though she adores him just as much, if not more, then he adores her. She loves following him around everywhere but she wants to have her own room to play and do what she wants. If he's too close to her or is just bothering her for some unknown reason, she will get feisty and start trying to hit him (something we're working on!). No one can make Saydi as happy as Weston can - and she loves for him to be the first person she sees in the morning.
Even though she can be sassy with him, I think she just wants to be the tough girl and not let on how important her big brother is to her.

If their relationship now is any indication of how their relationship will be in the future, I'm pretty sure these two will be best friends forever!

4 comments:

The Ericksons said...

LOVE IT! They are so cute together. That last picture of Saydi cracks me up! How did you get her to do that long enough to take a picture?!

Kimber Bowen said...

That is so sweet how good Weston is with Saydi! I love the last picture of Saydi that is priceless. I hope that Weston ears and tubes are going well. I am sorry you had to do that. But I hope it helps.

Taunya Spaulding said...

oh my! that last picture of saydi!! so freaking cute!!

The Stones said...

That picture of Saydi is hilarious! Both your kiddo's are so cute. If their relationship will be similar to ours you better warn Wes to be prepared to be Saydi's personal napkin until he's about 20! :) Love ya sis