Thursday, December 23, 2010

An Impromptu Vacation

Last Saturday night we decided we would head to Utah on Sunday after church to help Sean out with some things. *Side note - here are my kids in their Christmas outfits they wore last Sunday. I couldn't get a picture for the life of me and we were already running late but oh well. I'll remember how cute they looked. =)
We got to our hotel Sunday night and the kids wasted no time at all jumping on the beds and having the time of their lives. Originally we were only going to be there until Monday night but plans got changed and we stayed until Wednesday afternoon. So Monday night we packed up and went with Sean to see the lights on Temple Square. I didn't have my camera so all the pictures are from my phone which is why they're not that great. But memories nonetheless.
In one of the visitors centers they had this cut out of the Salt Lake temple that shows you the inside of the temple. That in and of itself totally made the trip worth it! It was amazing to see and Weston loved being able to see inside the temple.
Tuesday morning we took the kids to the mall where they played at the little play area they have there and then they took a train ride with Santa!
Weston was starting to have a melt down when he thought we weren't going to be able to ride the train. Then it started going and he had a melt down because he was scared. The train finally stopped for a bit to turn around and we just got Weston and Saydi out because by that point he was scaring Saydi too and he had hit his lip in an effort to climb out and it started bleeding. Drama, drama, drama. They had a fun time though and were mostly just over tired because of not sleeping well!
To round out our vacation we did lots of swimming and my kids never wanted to leave. Saydi discovered the joy of jumping into the pool into my arms and she got to where she headed to the pool regardless of whether or not someone was there to catch her! I'm glad my kids like the water though and it was even more fun when they got to go swimming with Audrey! They had fun playing in the bath afterwards too.
We are glad to be home and getting ready for the holidays but we're especially grateful for a little family getaway and how much it makes us appreciate all we have. Like a comfortable bed! =)

3 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

i love those kind of vacations! looks like you guys had a lot of fun! :) And i'm sure that your kids had a blast!

The Ericksons said...

That picture of them in the little car is adorable! I love how Weston's arm is just a blur - looks like he's having fun! And I just want to kiss Saydi's little cheek - she's so cute!

The Stones said...

I swear I commented on this, but I didn't! Anyway, it looks like lots of fun and business! It looks like the kids had a blast. However, my OCD is in over drive seeing them in the bath. I can't use hotel baths but anyway...random. :) I am so jealous you went to Temple Square! I haven't been there since I was a teen. Glad you guys were able to go.