Thursday, December 30, 2010

Because I Don't Want to Forget

I've noticed this year that my posts got increasingly wordier - which is annoying for people who read my blog. But ever since I bought my blog book last year I've recorded all the things I will want to remember or want my kids to remember. Before ending the year (and my 2010 blog book) I wanted to write down some of the things my kids learned/accomplished this year. And I'll warn you right now this one will have no pictures at all since I was going to take cute ones of my kids but we've all been down with fevers, sore throats, coughs, runny noses, etc.

Weston

-Can count to 10 and recognize his numbers by sight
-Still the best big brother ever
-Has a fascination for all things dinosaur. Not to be outdone by his continuing love for cars, trucks, helicopters, and balls
-Finally started saying the prayer and even though he mumbles through it it's the cutest thing
-Likes to help unload the dishwasher
-Knows all his colors and finally mastered his hardest one - calling red things yellow
-My new favorite phrase of his is when he says, "wait, wait, wait!". He says it any time we're loading up to get in the car but my favorite is when he asks for a certain cereal or snack but then changes his mind and shouts it out before I open it and it's too late
-Is still my sleeper and gets at least 12 hours a night and takes a minimum 2 hour nap

Saydi

-Recently learned to say "no" and it's becoming her favorite word, especially when it's time to change her bum
-Can say more words then I can even list but some of my favorites are: apple, dinosaur, vitamin, brother "bubba", shoes, coat, door, banana, spoon, blankie, bath, juice, cheese, baby, Saydi, grandma, papa, thank you, more, and amen.
-Will come tell me when she needs a new bum
-Is still my cuddle bug and likes to give cuddles to lots of people - not just mama and dada
-Does this little dance thing with her arms when music comes on. Like Bollywood or something =)
-Can repeat a little less then half the letters of the alphabet and say the sounds they make
-Still only has 8 teeth but won't let me brush any of them so less is better!
-Loves balls and cars and basically anything that brother likes

Peanut

Technically, I guess "lemon" would be a more accurate nickname for the bun in the oven. We already know this baby will be a special blessing to our family. With Saydi and with this one I started feeling like someone was missing and that feeling went away as soon as I got pregnant. Even though we didn't want to have kids with birthdays so close to each other we are excited to have another baby in our home sooner then we anticipated. I am hoping we can celebrate Saydi's birthday before this little one makes it's arrival though! Above all else we're just grateful every day for our kids and especially that we're able to keep adding precious blessings to our home. 2010 has been a wonderful year with too many blessings to count!

3 comments:

The Ericksons said...

I was laughing just imagining Weston changing his mind about his snack and saying, "wait, wait, wait!" I mean, what could be worse than getting the wrong snack? I can't think of anything! And I can't believe how many words Saydi can say! She's such a big girl now. Maybe since Saydi was supposed to come in July but came in June, you'll have the opposite happen this time! =)

The Stones said...

What a great idea! Weston is too cute, I love the "wait, wait, wait!" I didn't know he was saying the prayer now. What a cutie! I can not believe all the words Saydi says. Baby genius! She is so sweet. I'm so excited for the new baby to join the family. I can't wait to meet the new little bundle. 2011 is going to be a busy but great year for you.

The Carters said...

It's so funny that you mentioned not wanting to have birthdays close together. We were so excited when we found out we were pregnant with Coleman, then realized it was just one more thing to add to August. Now we've got his b-day on the 4th, Brett's on the 5th, our anniversary on the 12th and my b-day on the 19th. Oh well, what can you do, right?