Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Weston and Saydi's Rooms

Phew! I finally managed to finish Weston and Saydi's bedrooms. It's taken me longer then I anticipated because I forgot you still have to do all the other daily things when you take on other projects. But they are done and I can finally say I like their bedrooms. We were on a pretty tight budget so they're not something for Home and Garden magazine but hey, it's better then what we had going on before! Miss offered her husband's vinyl services to me and the offer was too good to refuse so all the vinyl you see you can have done for yourself if you like it at Landmark Signs in Idaho Falls.

Weston's Room

A word to those with boys...if you ever are looking for boys bed sets all you will find is BLUE! Since his walls were painted blue when we moved in I didn't feel like redoing it but I also didn't want so much blue in his room. So I found this star material I liked and I decided to accent the red and brown instead of blue and after a LOT of sewing I think it was worth it. I like the way it looks and the fact that he can grow with it, even if it is nothing fancy or special!

The view when you walk in.
A close up of his name board and ribbon picture collage. I pretty much did the same things in both Weston and Saydi's rooms but I like it in both of them. I got this idea one sleepless night and my three favorite things are that it cost about five bucks to do, it takes up a whole wall, and I can change out the pictures so that his room grows as he does.
I heard this quote at a scout leadership meeting and immediately knew it would go on Weston's wall some day. I love it. If you can't read it, it says: "No one knows a boy's worth, we'll have to wait and see. But every man in a noble place, a boy once used to be."
The other end of his room. I love how big this room is. We could honestly fit three sets of bunk beds in here if we had to. Don't worry...we won't have to!
That door leads to our storage room and I keep waiting for Weston to realize that he has free access to food in there. It will probably be padlocked when we have multiple teenage boys in there. =)
Mark's mom made some super cute throw pillows out of the extra material I had that have since been added to his bed and I love them. So does Wes.
Saydi's Room

Looking back on it I wish I had a before picture for this room. When we moved in this room was turquoise. And I mean turquoise. It was awful. And then when Saydi was six days old it flooded and we had to replace sheet rock and all kinds of other garbage so it has come a long way. Saydi loves her big girl bed and loves to be downstairs with brother. I think I had a harder time with the move then she did!

The view when you walk in.
After a completely futile search for a dresser on craigslist Mark's mom found this pressed wood dresser at King's for a whopping $33 and I was all over it. Painting it wasn't that fun but I was probably going to have to do that anyway so it was worth it!
Another view of Saydi's bed. Her room is in the back corner of the house and can be kind of dark even with the light paint so we did lots of different colors to help brighten it up.
You can see the corner of this saying on the wall by Saydi's bed. Miss suggested it to me and since we call her Precious I couldn't pass it up.
Saydi's ribbon picture collage.
So there you have it! I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out, especially since I managed to completely redo their rooms for less then $150 total for both rooms, including bedding. The kids love them and that's all that matters to me.

7 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

You are amazing. They look adorable! I love their name plates and the fun photo ribbon. You are so creative and all for one hundred and fifty dollars. I am truly impressed. I love their rooms. Good job.

Taunya Spaulding said...

very cute! and i must say that you are one very talented lady!! :) it was fun getting together with you today!

Brett and Cherice said...

So, so, so cute!! I love them both! Great job. Glad we got together today:) We need to do it again soon:)

The Stones said...

They turned out so good! Thanks for the name drop :)I can never think of anything cute. Once (if ever) I have two bedrooms to decorate, you'll have to help me. You're so creative. What cute rooms for two cute kids!

The Ericksons said...

Love, love, love them! I'm totally stealing that picture idea. And maybe that quote if I ever decorate Harper's room!

Heidi said...

they look great! you are soo good at this stuff :-)

The Carters said...

CUTE!! I was in the process of taking pictures of my kids' rooms to post on the blog, but I think I'm going to wait awhile now...that way everyone will forget how cute yours are and won't compare them to my crappy job. :) Haha. You did AMAZING! I love them. Please move to Utah so you can help me with my house.