Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Parties

We pretty much had an entire week of Christmas this year. My kids loved it! We started the week with a party with my sisters and all their kids. This year we had to do it without husbands because everyone's husbands are on weird, crazy schedules. It was still fun though! We had yummy finger foods and then exchanged gifts. The cousins draw names and they liked giving their gifts. Weston got so excited about it that he started opening Hallee's present for her! He was a bit too excited about presents this year. In fact, that is why he is crying in the picture below; he was desperate to get to the present part! Hopefully next year will be better. =(
 (Back left to right: Tyrel, Jonas, Tevor, Maylee, Hannah, Harper, Channing, Bryce, Brenon, Kaden, Hallee, Emma, Makoy, Keira, Weston, and Saydi)
All five of us girls have had a baby girl in the last two years! 
It was such a fun party and I always love being with my sisters and their kids. I know I'm biased but I really can't believe how beautiful all my sister's kids are!

Christmas Eve was our next fun packed day. We started with a party at Mark's dad's house. Unfortunately, I didn't get my camera out while we were there! We weren't there for long anyway because we had to be to my mom's but it was fun. We ate a little and then opened gifts. Sid and Gaylene have FORTY grandkids and let me tell you - that's a LOT of presents to wrap! We sure appreciate the effort they put into Christmas for us and our kids.

At my mom's we ate some more and sang some songs before opening gifts. Jonas quite enjoyed opening his jammies with grandma and grandpa.
Saydi was so polite about all her gifts and she was so good about telling everyone who gave her something "thank you". Her new jammies are adorable on her!
Weston's turn! He had a minor melt down at Mark's dad's so I was a little worried about this but he was super polite and loved his new jammies too!
 All the kiddos in their new pajamas! It's been a tradition for them all to take a picture with my parents and it's fun (and sad) to look back over the years and see how everyone has grown up so much. We are grateful that no matter the circumstances grandma and grandpa always get everyone new pajamas, adults included! I've opened a new pair of pajamas on Christmas Eve from my parents for as long as I can remember. =)
 
So all in all we had a wonderful Christmas Eve! It is definitely my favorite day of the year. We got the kids home and put cookies and milk out for Santa and they went to bed and CRASHED. Which was good because Christmas day brought a lot of fun too! Stay tuned for more on that!

1 comment:

Brett and Cherice said...

What a fun week. I too love Christmas Eve, Best.Day.Ever! The picture of you and your sisters and your baby girls is priceless, so neat. Also, I love the pj tradition with your parent:)