Sunday, March 25, 2012

Young Women's Weekend

Last year Mark and I were fortunate enough to take the young women to SLC to see conference and this year they asked us to go with them again. It was amazing. It was also the opening weekend for the new City Creek mall so we went there and it was mayhem! All my years in California I never went to a mall so crowded. But it was super fun. Several times throughout the day I had the overwhelming feeling that I was exactly where I was supposed to be. Especially at conference. I love the way it feels to be there when the prophet walks in. It was nice to walk around with Mark and not have to continually be counting heads too.  (You can see the temple in our sunglasses. <3)
Our day away would not have been possible without help from our amazing family members. Miss took Weston and Saydi for most of the day and then brought them home where Mark's mom had been watching Jonas all day. Poor Jonas bawled the entire day. I felt horrible when I found out. More for Marlene than for Jonas because that is rough to put up with. But she was great and Jonas survived! Weston and Saydi had the absolute time of their lives. Miss was Super Aunt and made play dough and helped them color paper Easter eggs. They played outside for hours and had so much fun jumping on the trampoline. Here are some pictures of the fun that they had. This one has to be my favorite. The absolute adoration on both of their faces is priceless.
 Such cute kids! I know I'm biased but really. All my sisters have adorable kids. I was worried mine wouldn't hold a candle to them but so far they are turning out ok. ;)
 Cute girl! Saydi thinks so too. She just saw this picture and said, "Look at my hair. Is pretty." She is such a girl!
 Aunt Bea came by for a while too and Saydi sure loves playing with "Waywee" (Maylee).
 Being silly!
 Adorable boy. When they got home Marlene said Weston was just talking non-stop and telling her anything and everything about his day.
Words can not express my gratitude for family that is willing to help so that Mark and I can help serve in our ward and have time for ourselves too. It was so nice to not worry about the kids and just enjoy myself. I hope our ward keeps going because I want to keep going too! 

1 comment:

The Stones said...

This is the first time I have been able to check your blog in months! Yay! I had soooo much fun with them. Count me in to watch them every time you guys go. ;) That picture of you and Mark is ADORABLE! Glad you guys were able to go and have a great time. Loved every second with your kiddos.