Friday, April 12, 2013

Easter

Better late than never, right? We had a good Easter. We got back from a trip to Salt Lake (details coming soon) the night before around 11:30 so we were pretty tired but still had a good holiday. I always keep Easter simple as far as gifts but this year was especially meager because it was so chaotic the week before and I felt a little bad about that. The kids of course didn't mind though.

  Excited about their kites. Which didn't work and were destroyed 30 minutes after being opened. Oh well.

 Cute kids ready for church. Mark and I had to speak so that was a little chaotic too but Mark gave the best talk I've ever heard and it was a great Sunday. Saydi fell  asleep in sacrament which she never does and Jonas had been sick the day before so we left after that. 
 Last year Aunt Bea put together an Easter egg hunt for the kiddos and they loved it so much that she did it again this year. They adore her and had so much fun at Grandma and Grandpa's looking for eggs and having a yummy dinner.

And the week before Easter a few of us got together and dyed eggs. We used Kool-Aid and I will never go back! It was awesome.


We had a really great day. And I feel like my kids understood this year that Easter was about Jesus. Although there was a little confusion as to how the Easter bunny played into the whole thing. I had the following conversation with Weston on Easter morning:
Me: Who is Easter about?
Wes: Jesus
Me: That's right. We have Easter because Jesus died and was resurrected.
Wes: And then He turned into the Easter bunny?
Hilarious. I love that boy. He is always thinking. I will post soon with details about the day before and that will be a big one because I have lots of good pictures, thanks to my sisters.

No comments: