Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Blessed

Buckle up. This is a long one too! I have to write this stuff down before I forget though. And share some pictures that I am way behind on. I have been so grateful to have such amazing kids lately. They have their moments (some on a regular basis) but each and every one of them are so special and inherently good. The other morning Weston came upstairs for the morning and told me he had made his bed before he even came upstairs for the day. I was blown away. What kind of five year old boy makes his bed before doing anything else? Without even being told?! A day or so after that Saydi went downstairs to get dressed and while she was down there she decided to make her bed without being asked also. Pretty impressive for a three year old! And she actually does a pretty decent job of it considering her age.

My kids have been helping me around the house a lot lately too. I just feel like if I don't make them responsible and a part of the family now then they won't all of a sudden jump in when they are older. So they unload the dishwasher every day (except the things that go up high) and they are responsible for their own messes, particularly toys. Some days go smoother than others but for the most part they are so responsible and such great helpers. It is pretty hilarious to see my 22 month old grabbing pots and pans and tupperware and walking right to the correct cupboard and putting them exactly where they go. He is a copy cat and has been since he was a baby so I'm grateful that he has such a great big brother and sister showing him the right things to be copying.

The other thing I'm really grateful for is how much my kids love each other. They really are best friends. They play all day and they have great imaginations. Weston is always coming up with different characters they can be and doing all kinds of active things. Saydi has taken to nurturing even more than she always has. She has a white stuffed dog that Mark gave me years ago that has become her own little baby. She puts it to bed (in her backpack) every night and in the morning she'll go get him and bring him to me and say, "Look who's awake!" She carries him around in her backpack literally all. the. time. And tells me all kinds of stories about things her dog did, or if he gets the barfs, or when he's tired. Jonas just tags right along and fits in with whatever antics the older two are up to. He loves them so much and tries to do everything that they do.

They are growing up so fast and I know this whole stage of my life will be over in the blink of an eye, although it certainly doesn't feel that way from day to day. But when I look at Weston and the big boy he is now and then look at Jonas and remember when he used to be that small I can hardly believe how quickly it's gone. Just last week he came home from a friend's house and said that he had ridden his friend's bike without training wheels. This surprised me since he can't ride a bike yet. So the next day he begged me to take the training wheels off his own bike. I decided, why not? So I took them off, and Weston took off! It was that simple. I think maybe he just needed to watch his friend do it first to trust himself to be able to do it also. Here is a little clip of his very first bike ride. I couldn't get it to rotate so I apologize. And ignore my annoying-ness. I thought it was hilarious to see him just take off like that!
I will be quiet now and post the pictures that have been sitting on my phone forever. Daddy fell asleep for the last little bit of a conference session and Weston climbed up there and joined him. Adorable.
 This guy lost his second tooth while we were staying at a hotel in Utah for Sean and Crystal's baby blessing. Luckily, the Tooth Fairy found us without incident.
 I took a little nap the other day and Saydi came to join me. Not as herself though.
 New sunglasses! Must be warn at all times. Even before having breakfast.
 Or perhaps, while having breakfast.
 Everything stops when daddy comes home or wakes up. These kids are addicted to their daddy!
 No wonder this girls' nickname is Precious, right?
 Whatever it takes to get Saydi's hair done and keep everyone happy. I will 'fess up though and admit that shortly after this Jonas squirmed away from Saydi and took a tumble. Our arrangement was adjusted after that.
It's no wonder I love this kiddos so incredibly much. They are the best things that ever happened to me. And I am so excited to add one more this year. Two weeks from today and we will know if we are adding another boy or girl to the family!

No comments: