Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Baby Einstein Movies

I know there is a lot of debate about these Baby Einstein videos and if it's appropriate for children so small to watch movies. I think that's up to each parent to decide, but I know that I completely support them.

When any movie is used as a babysitter, it's not ok. But I let Wes watch a Baby Einstein movie every morning and he loves it. When I bring his chair into the living room he gets so excited and immediately starts looking at the TV. He remains captivated (as you can see) the whole time.

The reason I support them so much is because I really do think Weston has developed quickly because of the stimulation his brain has had from them. When I hum or whistle the tune from some of the songs on them he smiles so big and gets so excited. Anyway, I just love these movies and think they are so good for stimulation and learning.

2 comments:

The Parks Family said...

Ya know I have heard a lot of things about not allowing your children to watch TV or movies before a certain age, but my girls LOVED Baby Einstein. I would put the movie on and as soon as they would hear the music they would become mesmerized by the music, pictures, and actions. I'm not sure if you knew this or not, but my girls could hum tunes before they even started making cooing sounds. I completely believe this was because of all the music from the Baby Einstein videos. Also, simple things like learning their ABC’s or counting to 10 was so easy because we would just sing the song together, and they would recognize it from the movies. Needless to say, I’m a full supporter of Baby Einstein.

Carlson Clan said...

I didn't know that about your girls! I totally agree though. I think they have helped Weston so much. I'm glad you are in agreement with me because you're the best mom I know so maybe I'm doing one thing right!