Thursday, June 11, 2009

Camping Trip and Catch Up

We went camping last weekend and had such a great time. Being the great mom I am...I brought my camera but took no pictures! Weston had the time of his life. We went to Riverdale which is about 5 miles outside of Preston. They had a natural pool there with the warmest water. It felt great. But since it's natural, there was lots of algae on the bottom. Not my favorite. =) Weston loved swimming though and was splashing all the boys. He has been a fish since the day he was born. He loved just being outside and walking around picking up rocks. It's challenging to keep an eye on a toddler but it was fun and we had a really good time. We only got rain on the last day and we took Marlene's RV so we were able to go inside for a while until it went away.

I'll post another belly picture some time soon since it has been a while. I've probably tripled in size since the last one! I'm still feeling good but just achey and ready for this baby to come! She stays so close to the front of my tummy that by the end of the day my skin hurts to touch (not to mention when she kicks!) and I'm really starting to feel how big she's getting. At my appointment today my doctor said she's really low and it looks like things will start progressing soon so we'll see how that goes. I'm going every week now so that helps to make the time go more quickly! 

Other then that life is pretty run of the mill right now. I'm SO thankful for the rain. I'm having a really hard time keeping up with all the house work AND the yard work. It's nice to not have to worry about watering. Our garden is coming in great too and I'm excited for the corn and cucumbers! Weston is such a good boy and is really not making life too much more difficult for me which I appreciate. He loves to throw away his diapers and other garbage we give him and he goes around making sure doors are closed. He can play with toys for hours if I need him to and I'm so thankful that he's so obedient. I have been so blessed with him and I know I will be with this little one too!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

I can't WAIT to see your belly! I'm glad they're keeping a close eye on you, hopefully she comes soon! Your camping trip sounds like a ton of fun, the warm water pool sounds amazing. How fun!

The Christensens said...

Oh family trips are so fun!! Hang in there for a couple more weeks!!!

alisekelley said...

Looks like you had a great time camping. how fun! I feel for you! The last month is so hard! Hang in there!

Brett and Cherice said...

Glad your camping trip was fun! I can't wait to take Logan camping:)

Kimber Bowen said...

That sounds like a great trip. I am glad that you are having so much fun. Sorry that your little girl is hurting you so much. You are almost there.

Taunya Spaulding said...

Sounds like you had fun camping! I feel so bad that i couldn't make it to our girls night last night! why do i have to be sick and miss all the fun??? it's not fair!!! i hope you all had fun! I wanted to see you and everyone! oh well! if i don't talk or see you before the big day good luck and i can't wait to see her!

Jake and Gretchen said...

You're awesome Jen, taking your fam camping when your eight months prego! I'm excited for your newest little addition I'm sure she will be a doll!