Monday, June 15, 2009

Why I Like...and Dislike Summer

1. Boys can play outside. HOWEVER, boys get hurt outside. So we started a trade with Jakob and Melissa. They bring the boys (all five of them) to our house on Friday afternoon (Mark and Jakob have Fridays off) and we watch them all while they go to the temple. Then they come and get them all and take Weston and Mark and I can go to the temple. So this Friday we started that. The boys were all playing outside and I was resting in my room since I knew I wouldn't be able to stay awake if I didn't. I was getting up to iron my skirt because Jakob and Melissa were going to be back soon when I heard a boy crying hysterically. So I leave my bedroom and find Mark leading Paxton (Melissa's boy) into the house. I see blood on his leg and he's leaving a little trail on my kitchen floor. So Mark takes him into the bathroom and sits him on the toilet while I start to go get the Clorox wipes to clean up. He tells me to go take care of Paxton instead which I do. I go in the bathroom and kneel down and find myself looking right at Paxton's knee cap! So I go right back out and tell Mark "you gotta go!". So Mark takes Paxton to Urgent Care while I call Jakob and leave the message you never want to get. Long story short - 24 stitches later they came back!! I couldn't believe it. I felt guilty because they were climbing behind the shed in our back yard and I knew there were nails that were sticking out and stuff so I wouldn't have let them do that but Mark didn't realize that so he was okay with them crawling around back there. Well, he slipped and his knee caught a nail and that was the end result. Needless to say, Mark and I didn't get to make our temple trip! 

2. Feeding the ducks. We took Weston and he was running around all over. He loved it. HOWEVER, all the running and not paying attention led to this:


He just hopped right back up after landing in a huge puddle of mud but then he saw how dirty his hands were and he was trying to wipe them off. Luckily I had some wipes but he spent the rest of the time in his muddy clothes until we got to the car! He didn't realize what the purpose of feeding the ducks was but once Mark showed him he had a blast. He was doing this little fake laugh every time he'd throw a piece of bread. It was so cute. I got some video footage but it's not as good as what he had been doing. He had lots of fun though.


3. Our yard. 
Mark mowed the lawn this morning and I finally went out and did some serious weeding. We had a terrible storm come through when we were away camping so there are still tons of leaves in my flower beds that I can't rake up yet because all the rain is keeping them green! But I love seeing my garden coming in, 
the clematis climbing my house, 

and all the pretty flowers and greenery. HOWEVER, it's a lot of work!! =)

4 comments:

Jake and Gretchen said...

Weston is such a doll! And you are such a little homemaker with the perfect yard! Sorry to hear about the stitches...I totally had a niece get stitches on my watch. Not fun! Hope you are feeling ok.

Kimber Bowen said...

Jen your yard is so nice, I love it. I love the video of Weston feeding the ducks, that is so cute. Sorry about the stitches, that stinks. I hope all is going well.

Taunya Spaulding said...

too bad about the stitches! and i'm very sorry that i can't make your baby shower! :( boo! I'll be sure and get a gift to you!

Heidi said...

What a cute yard! i can't wait to have a yard... Poor little Paxton with his stitches, but you can't be a good kid without a couple of stiches! Weston, as always, is too cute!