Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Only 3 More Weeks to Go!

Things are moving right along. At my appointment today my doctor said that I'm starting to soften and dilate but not quite at a one yet. She is down really low and ready to go so that's a good sign. We won't schedule the induction until I have one week to go so we still don't know the exact date yet but unless I start to dilate like crazy it will be sometime around July 8. Every day I am more and more excited for that moment when I get to see my little girl for the first time. It's an incredible feeling and I feel so blessed to be adding another child to our family.

Here is a picture of me at 36 weeks. I'm not sure if I'll take another one before she comes or not...I'm getting pretty big and awkward looking! 
I wanted to post this picture of when I was pregnant with Weston because it's from when I was exactly as far along as I am now. I've been convinced this whole time that I'm smaller then I was with Weston but now I'm not so sure! Oh well, maybe she'll be the perfect size when she's born like Wes was.
One thing I've been thinking about a lot is if I even remember how to take care of such a small fragile thing. I was working in the nursery the other day and looking at her diapers and I had to take a picture of the comparison of what I'm used to changing vs. what I'm going to be changing in a few short weeks.
Can you believe it! I'm not sure I'm going to know how to dress a baby with no assistance. And it wasn't all that long ago that Weston was a brand new baby! Maybe it's like riding a bike and you never forget. ???

10 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

Only three more weeks. Yippee. That is so exciting. You look so good. I loved looking at the pregnancy picture from Weston and now little Saydi. I think you look smaller too. It is amazing to me how different you are carrying them. Well, at least to me they look different.

Anonymous said...

I definetley think you look smaller with this baby! Thats so exciting its going to fly by. You forget how big your kids are until you compare them to newborns! Im excited/jealous for you guys! good luck!

Taunya Spaulding said...

good grief! you are small!! 3 more weeks! how exciting! I'm so sorry i can't make it tomorrow for your shower! i'll be thinking of you but not wishing i was there due to the fact that i will be in sunny california celebrating my ONE YEAR anniversary!!! YAHOO!!!!!! Have fun!!! love ya!

Jake and Gretchen said...

Ohh!! I love the little diapers they are so dang cute! You look awesome Jen!

Heidi said...

Yay! in 3 weeks you get to finally meet your daughter! I'm so excited for you. I bet you fell right back into the rythymn of having a baby. I can't wait to hear how everything goes! p.s. I'll be emailing you back soon, i promise!

Ryan and Ashley said...

Wow that went by so fast. I cant wait to see pictures of her. You are such a cute pregnant lady!

alisekelley said...

Oh Jen you look beautiful. I can't believe you only have three weeks left. Don't worry I didn't know if I would remember how to care for a newborn but it all came back. Goodluck!!!!

The Carters said...

That is crazy to think of having to go back to square one. I'm sure Weston will be a good little helper. I want to see pics of the nursery...I'm sure it's darling.

Peterson Family said...

Wow, you are almost there! I agree with you, you're smaller this time around--which is awesome! You look so good! Good luck with the new baby!

Blatter said...

You have to be the cutest pregnant person I have ever seen!