Thursday, July 9, 2009

Little Lady Saydi

We are still getting to know our sweet little girl but here are some things we've discovered so far:

Unfortunately she inherited my loudness. Her cry is honestly deafening. The good thing is she doesn't cry for no reason like Weston did when he was her age. She calms down pretty easy and only throws big fits when I change her bum. Another thing she got from me is my ridiculously long tongue.  It doesn't quite fit in her mouth yet. She'll probably be able to touch her nose with her tongue like me. =)
She still doesn't really know the difference between day and night and I'm averaging about three hours of sleep a night. Luckily Mark doesn't have to be in to work until noon so I get to get some sleep in the morning when she finally starts to sleep better. Mark remembers it being like this with Weston but somehow that memory was erased from my mind and I have felt a little unprepared for this whole thing. Must be a trick to get me to keep having kids! She sleeps just like every other member of our little family...with her arms above her head. Both Mark and I sleep that way and both Weston and Saydi were that way when I got my ultrasounds. They both sleep that way still. I have to pin her arms down with her blanket most of the time though because when she wakes up she smacks herself in the face with them and then gets mad.
We've had lots of company and help. Aunt Bea came for a while and Weston had lots of fun playing with her. She helped me lots too and it was very appreciated. We also made a bunch of bracelets for Saydi and I'm obsessed with them now. She wears one every day no matter what! 
I can't wait until she gets a little bigger and I can start putting her cute bows and head bands on. Her head is way too little still so it just looks ridiculous. Anyway, one night while Becky was here she was holding Saydi while I was bathing Weston. She came into the bathroom to pull her hair up. She started to giggle and I turned around and she wasn't holding Saydi anymore and was pulling her hair up. I was a little confused and then she pointed out to me what she had done with Saydi in the mean time. 
Can you believe her?! Only Aunt Bea. Saydi didn't move a muscle and that was Becky's argument of why it was okay...because she was comfortable. =) It IS pretty adorable. Mark's niece Stephanie also came and stayed for a few days. Weston loves her and it's hard to remember they are cousins and not aunt/nephew. They had lots of fun playing and it was nice to have some help at night when things get a little hectic. 

We're all still adjusting to life with two kids under two but we love it and we know we're so blessed to have such special little people in our lives. Mark has been so great and really helps me a lot. He's good at making sure I don't overdo things. We're waiting for Saydi to gain more weight. She was having a hard time of it and so I'm still feeding her every two hours during the day. This is a new experience for me since Weston has always been such a heavy weight! I love my little family and despite the exhausted fog I'm in I feel so blessed to have them in my life.

10 comments:

Jaclyn Davis Photography said...

she looks so different now! she is so cute... the picture of her in the sink is super funny! i showed my family that video of fussy tryibg to get the paci in her mouth and they couldn't believe how patient he was! :) hope you are doing good!

The Ericksons said...

Oh, sweet little Saydibug! She looks different to me - even though it's only been a week! I miss you guys and I need to come see you asap!!! Love ya!

Tim and Amber said...

Saydi in the sink...so adorable! I really hope you start getting some more sleep soon. it's so hard to feed every two hours! and I totally agree with the forgetting it was like that with Weston...I think it is a trick to have more kids :)

The Pascoe Family said...

She is so cute.
I always put braclets on Grace since she was tiny and she has always just left them alone,now she calls them her pretty and loves to wear them.
Love the sink picture. It shows how little she is.

Taunya Spaulding said...

oh my gosh! that one of Saydi in the sink is hilarious!! she's so cute!

Brett and Cherice said...

Saydi is so adorable and tiny! I love it! That is so funny you all sleep with your arms up:)

Kimber Bowen said...

I love the picture of little Saydi in the sink it is adorable. I hope you get some rest soon.

The Boyle's said...

Congrats on your baby girl. I can't believe you ended up having your baby before me. That's crazy. She is adorable. She looks super tiny though. How much did she weigh? We will have to hang out sometime when you and I both feel up to it. I would love to come see you. Congrats again.

Peterson Family said...

I love the picture of her in the sink! She looks so small and precious! That is no fun feeding every 2 hours--it is so exhausting! I hope for the sake of your sanity that it will get better soon. The forgetting how hard babies are is so true! And I haven't forgotten this time--2nd one is 15 months! This is about the time I wanted to get pregnant with my 2nd one but I am no where near that yet. I think the second for me was more demanding and I have not forgotten! So good luck forgetting!!!!

The Christensens said...

Oh Jen- how precious! Having two kids is certainly sometimes a challenge, but so worth it. She is such a doll. Love the bracelets...maybe someday I will be able to do that! Thank goodness babies start to sleep better and that we forget the not so fun stuff about having a newborn!!!