Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day

We went camping this weekend and had lots of fun. Weston LOVES being outside and he enjoyed every minute of his four-day toy-free trip. I had no idea my little boy could get so dirty! He was SO obedient and did so good staying away from the camp fire and not getting into things even though all the older boys could. We went to Mesa Falls and Weston was really entranced by the huge waterfall. It made me nervous just having him so close to it even though I knew nothing would happen! Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend and also my favorite clip of Weston stealing the ball when the boys were playing 500.
It was really fun despite being somewhat exhausting. Saydi is such a noisy sleeper and it wasn't until our last night there that I learned to sleep through all her little noises. Weston got woken up by her more then once too! I'm already looking forward to next year when we go again. Especially since Saydi will be able to run around and have as much fun as Weston!
This was how we started the trip off. Weston fell asleep not long after we got in the car and he and Saydi slept the whole way there. Nice and quiet.

We had chili the first night and Weston made a huge mess. This picture doesn't do it justice. And he did start off the day in a shirt but he spilled RED Gatorade on his WHITE shirt so we had to take it off.
After the boys played 500 one night the older guys were all sweaty and exhausted (despite being in excellent physical shape ;)!) so they decided they would float down the river even though it was really cold to cool off. Unfortunately we didn't all get to do it this year since it never was quite warm enough that we wanted to go.
This is mostly what Weston did all weekend. Played in the dirt. What a boy.
Saydi is kind of a high maintenance baby and doesn't just sit still and be happy very often. So I had to snatch a picture of this rare moment with her Aunt Jeni. One of my favorite pictures of the weekend!
This is for sure my favorite picture. At Mesa Falls Uncle Jakob put this flower in Saydi's ear and it was so precious!

And this is how it ended. Weston was so completely exhausted. I think he's still catching up on his sleep like the rest of us. Who knew playing so hard was so exhausting?!

6 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

how fun! looks like you guys had great time! Saydi is getting so big and weston is just as cute as ever! :)

Heidi said...

What a fun trip for you guys! Looks like it went really well. Glad you had a good time!

alisekelley said...

What a fun trip. It is always nice to go somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Love the overalls and no shirt! Very cute! p.s. You totally made my day with your comment to my "life lately" post I was feeling rotten! thanks for making my actually feel better!

Brett and Cherice said...

Great trip! Saydi is getting so chubby, I love it!

Jennifer Carlson Hunter said...

I wonder which bad aunt let him have the red gatorade :)