Tuesday, September 1, 2009

2 Month Checkup and a Copycat

Weston is turning into such a little boy. He understands everything we tell him and communicates with us so much better. We've also found that he is starting to be quite the copycat. I let him play with an empty compact and my makeup sponge the other day and thought it was so cute. What I love about it is that he knows that one goes with the other and he will never play with just the sponge or just the compact. He has to have both. He is still the most amazing big brother ever and is always concerned for baby Saydi. We're so blessed to have such a good boy.

Saydi had her two month check up last week. She cried when they gave her the shots but calmed down right away and was asleep before I even left the doctor's office. She's honestly cried harder over a poopy diaper! Silly girl. She's a drama queen. I guess she gets that from Mark. ;) Here are her stats:
Weight - 10 lbs. 14 oz. 43%tile (up from the 26th)
Length - 22 1/4 in. 27%tile (up from the 10th)
Head circumference - 15 in. (up from the 0.15!)
So you can see she's growing like a weed. Here's a picture of her I took today. She always sleeps with her head turned to one side so unlike most babies instead of having a flat head she has a very, very round head! She is so precious to us and we know she was meant to come to our family at this time. She eats every four hours during the day and goes about six hours at night so I only have to get up once during the night (usually). She gives such big smiles and has squealed and tried to giggle a lot recently. She smiles in her sleep a lot and she has giggled in her sleep about a dozen times from the time she was just three weeks old. Her eyes are just as blue as Weston's already and we're hoping her hair will stay dark. She's beautiful either way though! 

We're going camping this weekend (hooray!) so be prepared for a long, fun filled post after we get back on Monday. I'm very much looking forward to the break from daily life!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm glad Saydi's appointment went so well! I know you've heard this a thousand times already, but you have an adorable family!

Kimber Bowen said...

2 months already. Where did the time fly. She is adorable and I am glad that her appointment went well. Weston is as cute as ever. I hope you have fun on your camping trip this weekend.

The Ericksons said...

I love that Weston is wearing his football jersey while pretending to put on makeup! =)

Taunya Spaulding said...

hey! we're going camping too!! where ya going?? I'm getting so excited for our girls night!! Saydi is getting so big. i can't believe she's 2 months already! what a cute family!

Mary said...

She is beautiful! I love her flower!

Brett and Cherice said...

Weston is adorable, I love seeing him in those videos:) Saydi is getting so big! 2 months already! Time flies!

alisekelley said...

I am glad Saydi is doing so good and that Weston is being so great!!! You have a great looking family!

Jaclyn Davis Photography said...

her head was the size of an egg at 0.15 circumference when she was born! lol impressive.