Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

This post is going to be huge but I'll try to keep the boring words limited. Life has been so busy lately. And so fun! We've been doing lots of fun things and I've been slaving over my sewing machine which I have also loved. I'm not a great seamstress but I am really enjoying all the little projects here and there. My sister and I made stockings this year. I liked the ones Mark and I had so I just made them for Weston and Saydi. I really like how they turned out though and now I want to make some for Mark and I next year. =)
My sisters and I had our annual Christmas party. The highlight of which, for me, is always the dollar store gag gifts. You wouldn't believe what you can find for a dollar! Here are some of my faves:
Amy in the swim cap Mark and I found!
Miss in the dinosaur hat!
Sarah's "ginormous" tooth brush!
And Mark got silly string. Which led to this. It was so much fun and we are always laughing when we have this Christmas party.

The other great gifts were a giant comb, a shampoo shield, a harmonica, and an air horn that lights up. (Which we found out is much more effective as a child caller. "What's that noise? I wanna see!") We really missed Becky this year but luckily we got to have her kids there. So much fun!

Some other highlights of the night were when Mark put Weston's Mr. Potato Head glasses on Saydi. Hilarious!
And I loved the way that Saydi cuddled with Hannah all night. It was so cute.

This is a picture of Miss in the apron that I made her. Isn't she cute? =)
And I can't forget to include this lovely picture of what Weston does when he's left unattended on the toilet. Silly boy. I can hardly believe he is going to be 2 on Thursday! I'll have another big post of that day I'm sure!

So life is crazy but oh so fun. We have a lot going on this week too that will be "blog worthy" so I'm sure I'll have more posts soon. I love this time of year and am so glad to have such great family to share it with.

6 comments:

The Boyle's said...

That is so fun. I love the Holiday season. So fun to be with family. I love that game too. Our family does something similar too. Saydi is getting big and so so cute. I will be home for Christmas. I will call you. We need to have another play date. Are you gonna be around? And I love those stockings. You are so talented. I wanna learn how to make them. They are adorable. Impressive girl. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Wow I cant believe weston isnt even 2 yet and he is potty training! too funny with the toilet paper!

alisekelley said...

What great family fun! I love your stockings! I want to know how to make them!

James and Danielle said...

Jen- you are so talented. Love the stockings!!! Your new family pictures are so great!!! You look so beautiful!!!

Brett and Cherice said...

Dollar gifts are great! :) Love the stockings, great job! Saydi in the glasses and Weston with the toilet paper hahahah.. priceless!

Miriam said...

CUTE stockings, great job! And aren't sisters the best!?? I'm glad you guys all got to get together,everyone looks so good. :)