Monday, December 14, 2009

Weston's 2nd Birthday

On Thursday (the 10th) Weston turned two! I can hardly believe it. He's such a special part of our lives and I can't believe he's only been here for two years. Before I put some cute pictures of his day up I wanted to list all my favorite things about Weston so that I'll always remember what a fun, and good boy he was when he was only 2.

-He is so very patient. If he can't figure a toy out he will work at it forever and never get frustrated.
-He is so obedient. Sometimes if he does something naughty and I'm holding Saydi or my hands are full I will tell him he has to sit in timeout and he will go there by himself and sit in his chair in the corner.
-He asks permission for things already. When I'm feeding Saydi he will come in her room with me and say "I want books" or "I want toys" and look at me and wait for me to say yes or no.
-He is a neat freak already like me! He doesn't like cake or cupcakes because the frosting is sticky and he doesn't like it when dirt or crumbs get on his feet. He loves to play with this bear on Saydi's changing table but I keep the wipes in front of it. He will set the wipes on the floor, get the bear, and then put the wipes back without even being told to do it. He likes for things to be in the right place.
-He adores his baby sister. He is always so excited to see her in the morning and after naps and he frequently wants to hold her and refuses to let her go, even if she is uncomfortable or crying.
-He loves to have both Mark and I with him. Whenever one of us puts him in the car he repeatedly says, "where's dada" or "where's mama" because he's very concerned that we both be together.

I love absolutely everything about my little guy but those are some of my favorites. He is truly special and I know now why Mark and I had to wait for two years to be worthy of adding him to our family. We love you so much Weston and are so glad you are our son!
From this
To this! (This is his new scrunchy face that he makes all the time)
Couldn't pass up the opportunity to post this picture of him. This was in the morning when we were getting ready to take Hannah and Hallee to school. He loves his boots and people comment on them everywhere we go. He refused to take the sunglasses off too.
We got him a little shopping cart. My sister gave him her girls' old one and it was his favorite toy but got broken. So we got him a new one (that's a little more boyish too) and he loves it.

I was trying to explain to him to blow out the candles - which he then did all by himself! I didn't even have to demonstrate. What a smart kid.

He doesn't really like cake so I thought we'd try cupcakes this year but he didn't really like those either. =)

Wes had a pretty fun day. Mark built a fort with Hannah and Hallee the night before (they stayed with us because Sarah had her baby on the 9th!) so he watched his new favorite movie, Toy Story, from the confines of his fort. He thought that was pretty cool. During his nap I decorated the house and wrapped his presents. He was really excited to get up and see gifts and balloons everywhere. We played until Mark got home and then we took him to McDonald's where he wolfed down a ton of chicken nuggets - his favorite. Then we drove out to Iona and watched that house that has it's lights synchronized to Christmas music. Weston LOVED it and I'm sure we'll go back again. After we got home we had cupcakes and presents and he played so hard. It was a fun day and I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year now that Wes knows there are fun things under all that paper!


3 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

Happy Birthday Weston. I can't believe your little boy is two either. I loved reading your favorite things about him. What a good boy.

Taunya Spaulding said...

oh! he's two!! Already! he's such a sweet boy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY WESTON!! If i don't see you any sooner....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! oh--keep January 23rd open for....MY BABY SHOWER!!! :) you'll get an invitation and we'll just count that as our "girls night" as well! hope you can make it! :)

Andrew and Steph said...

Jen, you're such a good little mom! I can see why Weston adores you and Mark. He's such a cute little guy!