Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lately

I'm sitting here wasting time despite the filth that surrounds me (delaying the inevitable, yes, I know) and I realized I should probably catch up on some of the recent happenings.

The kids and I have been spending each day at my parents house this week to babysit my dad while my mom is at the MAYO clinic getting some testing done. Yes, my 57 year old father needs a babysitter. He always pushes himself too quickly after surgeries so we've been over there to prevent that from happening. Well, attempt to anyway. I've actually quite enjoyed spending time with my dad and he's certainly much easier to clean up after then my two little ones! The highlight of my week had to be when he came up to me and said, "Before you say no..." before asking me if he could run an errand with a friend. Loved it. I can't even count how many times I used that exact phrase. However, at the age of 57 apparently the place you want to go with your friend is to the pharmacy. No joke. So needless to say he got the green light only because his friend drove. I was sorely tempted to give him a curfew but I held my tongue. (I deserve an award.)

In other news, Weston has turned into a hair dresser
And Saydi has turned into a puppy. (Too bad I can't convince Mark we don't need a REAL puppy now.)
I also had the sad realization today that throughout the whole day I now understand about 90% of what Weston says to me when not so long ago it was the other way around. My favorite is when I ask him to do (or not do) something and he says "k". My least favorite is when his response is "no". Not a fan. Saydi hardly seems like a baby anymore and Weston hardly seems like a little boy. It's going so fast and I fear I'm not enjoying each day to the fullest like I should. I think that's really why I blog - it helps me remember how grateful I really am.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Love that picture of Saydi with her tongue out! It's so bitter sweet watching your babies grow up..... How fun that you got to switch places with your dad for a bit, betcha can't wait till you get teenagers!

Taunya Spaulding said...

that's funny about your dad asking permission to "hang out" with his friend! :) I now know what you mean when you say your babies are growing up to fast-Garrett's already 1 month old! That crept right up on me! can't wait to see you for our girls night!

Peterson Family said...

I think that's every mom's worry--is that she doesn't enjoy every moment of every day with her children to the fullest. I think it's very difficult but we do what we can. Life's so busy and we continually learn.