Monday, April 19, 2010

Hair Do's and Don'ts

I cut Weston's hair the other night and discovered the only way to do it and keep Saydi happy (and most importantly - out of the way) is to let her make a mess too.
I'm sure there's a better way but in the mean time I guess these two rascals will just enjoy all the messiness they create. They sure do seem happy when they're doing it!
The other afternoon Saydi woke up from her nap and I went to get her and was startled to see the baby version of Mr. Grinch (who, by the way, when I first saw, I thought was so adorable that I told Mark I wanted my very own Grinch baby. Dreams do come true). The funniest thing about it was that her hair was not even in a pony tail that day. It was completely stick straight when she went down for her nap and this is how I found her. She thought it was hilarious to see me laughing at her so much.
Speaking of laughing - I had the best mother-son moment with Weston last night. I was bathing the kids and I'm not sure why but for some reason Weston and I were both looking at Saydi at the exact moment that she made the silliest face by pulling the corners of her mouth back as far as possible, opening her eyes huge, and making the craziest noise. Weston and I both died of laughter at the same time. Then he said, "mama, was dis?" and he tried to mimic what Saydi had just done and I just completely lost it all over again. So then I showed him what Saydi had done and he started laughing that hysterical kind of laughter where it's completely silent for a while and the veins in your neck look like they're going to burst. We laughed like that together for a good five minutes and my cheeks were on fire. It was so crazy for me to realize that he's a little person with a sense of humor already and to realize how much he understands. Of course, I also loved the fact that he and I were laughing at the same thing. He seems to have inherited my crazy laugh and also the way that I laugh over the smallest, dumbest things that to other people aren't that funny. Good times.

7 comments:

Andrew and Steph said...

Ya know what's funny? Is the whole time I was reading your post I could totally hear that laugh you were describing. I started laughing to myself. We had some good times alright! I love the pictures!

The Ericksons said...

Oh my goodness - I'm crying! That post was hilarious!!! First, that picture of Saydi...I don't think you did her justice when you were trying to describe that to me yesterday! It's adorable and sooo funny. And that story about you and Weston laughing...I have to go read that again now so I can laugh some more. Thanks - I needed a good laugh today!

gibandshi said...

That pic of Saydi is hilarious! Good job getting a pic! I usually forget to do that when something funny or cute is happening!

Taunya Spaulding said...

cute background, cute pictures, cute kids! :) it was so much fun the other night at my house!! :) thanks for coming-and i can't wait to do our girls weekend in may!! :)

The Carters said...

I am SO with you...sometimes it is worth the mess your kid(s) make just to have them entertained for a few minutes. That is seriously the only reason I always let Macy get into our flour bucket when I'm cooking. The time it takes me to clean up is worth having her occupied for a little while!

Peterson Family said...

Funny post! Saydi looks so funny in a cute way! The story is great! I love those moments of pure joy with your children! It makes being a mom so worth it!

Blatter said...

That is so cute! LOVED that crazy nap hair!