Wednesday, May 5, 2010

CPS? I think yes

I'm so behind on recent events so I figured I'd start with the bad things first. About a week ago Saydi pulled on the cord of my flat iron and burned her arm SO BAD. I was right there and I literally snatched it off her before it was even on her arm for a half a second. But that was plenty long enough. I'm afraid she'll have quite the scar. She's a trooper though. She didn't cry for all that long and it hasn't seemed to bother her at all.

Last week I went to check on my dad again and Weston woke up from his nap there and was just bawling and whining and whining and whining. Needless to say, my patience pretty much ran out because he doesn't communicate with me and couldn't/wouldn't tell me what was wrong. So I got irritated and I packed the kids up and we left after about an hour and a half of crying and whining. Well, wouldn't you know it, in the car he barfed every where. It was almost an identical situation to the last time he did it. (Bringing the grand total to 2 times he's ever barfed. Both in the car - am I lucky or what?) So of course I felt like the world's worst mother for being so impatient with him and being grouchy when he was feeling so yucky. I think he just ate some bad food because he was fine after that and didn't have any other episodes.

I think all this falls in the category of both the bad and the ugly of parenting. Good thing I get more then plenty of the good!

1 comment:

Peterson Family said...

Oh man, it's times like these when being a mom is so hard. It's those things you would rather not deal with. I did the same thing to Kyden last week except with a pan from the oven. He was sitting on the counter and I opened the oven got a pan out and stuck it right on his foot. Ya bad mom moment. He still has the mark. But the worst of it is I didn't realize how bad it was--just put it under cold water. Wow, sometimes I wonder if I'm really paying attention to my children or if I'm just moving around them. But then I think about what life would be without them and I can't imagine. I love them so much! As I'm sure you do too! We all have these moments so don't worry!