Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Our Newest Addition

No, it's not our baby boy! It's four baby chicks! Mark got the idea from a guy at work and since raising chickens actually has a monetary benefit (unlike having a dog) I decided I could get on board with that. Here's to hoping I don't regret it!
The kids sure do love watching them. Weston likes holding them but Saydi doesn't want to even touch them. I had to laugh that Wes was so anxious to hold them when we got them home but then later he says, "Mama, I scared" so I go see what he's scared of...a fly. Silly boy! Chicks must be a happy medium for him because dogs are too big and apparently flies are too small.

3 comments:

The Buckley Family said...

You have such a cute family, and you are one darn cute pregnant lady. It is fun to catch up and see how you are all doing! I love that you have baby chicks. you'll have to post how that turns out. If it goes good, maybe one day we'll try it.

The Stones said...

They are so cute, but I'm still slightly afraid of them. :) I'm excited to see how it will all turn out. Good luck! Better you than me.

James and Danielle said...

you scared me with that title!!!! How fun...my parents just got chickens too!! What a great experience for the kids!