Monday, May 9, 2011

What Happens...?

What happens when you try to make your 3 year old and almost 2 year old let you take a picture of them before church? I will tell you.

Brother will check to make sure that sister is looking and she will give you her best "cheese!" ever.
When he sees that it's a go, he'll look for a while but now sister will be distracted by the amazing contraption that is a door knob.
Sister will look again, but she already gave you her best shot so you shouldn't expect more. Commence sucking on fingers. Meanwhile, brother is looking longingly at his jacket wondering if we can go yet.
Finally brother will look at you again out of sheer desperation for this to be over and sister will start thinking if she can just melt into the floor she can escape this whole process.
And then you will give up.

Good thing these little kiddos are so cute that even the pictures that never turn out still make me smile. Love them. Love being their mom.

6 comments:

The Ericksons said...

So funny and so true!!! I think out of 100 pictures taken of my kids there may be 17 that turn out looking decent. Oh well, at least we try, huh?!

Taunya Spaulding said...

oh, so cute!! :) love all the pictures!!

The Stones said...

That's hilarious! They look so cute. I need you to tell me where you got Weston's church get up. I have the hardest time finding Koy stuff. Cute kids!! And that picture of you and them is gorgeous. LOVE IT

The Carters said...

So glad I'm not the only one who has a hard time getting a decent picture of two kiddos. How do those moms with 6+ kids do it? Miss you!

alisekelley said...

Wow, You just explained my picture taking with my kids in a nutshell! Love the pictures!

Stewart Family said...

Haha! Jen I love your little family! Your posts never fail to make me laugh! Good luck with the next few weeks...I can hardly believe you are almost a mom again! You're awesome!