Saturday, June 4, 2011

Saydi's 2nd "Birthday"

I was really stressing about the birthday situation as Saydi's birthday and the birth of baby #3 were creeping up on me when one night at a primary meeting my friend Carrie mentioned that I should just have her party and be done with it since Saydi doesn't know when her birthday is anyway. I decided that was a fabulous idea so we had a little get together at the park today to celebrate her upcoming second birthday. Saydi got spoiled by all her aunties and friends and she had a fun day, although she became very shy being the center of attention! It was a fun day and here are the pictures to prove it:

This is while we were singing "happy birthday" to her. I love the combo of her shades and party hat. =)
Her first tea set! I've wanted her to have one for a long time but wasn't sure she'd get the concept. She did. Right away. She played with it for the longest time when we got home.
Proudly displaying her "orange" shirt. She tries so hard to tell me what colors are what but she is almost always wrong!
Her first purse!
Sporting her new necklaces and bracelets. Which she is obsessed with. She loves necklaces! And you'll notice Wes in the background being the great "helper" that he was. =)
Here she is playing on the toys with her bling on. She threw a lovely fit when I didn't let her sleep with them on tonight. Mean mommy doesn't want her to choke.
She was being so shy and cuddly and when she'd open a present this was the face she'd make. Always with the tongue. I guess that's her own little way of hiding her smile.
It was a fun party and I'm glad we got to celebrate our sweet girl before life gets too crazy with a new baby brother in the mix! Thanks to all those who came! And I just have to say that I am SO grateful for my sisters and the help they gave me with everything. I couldn't have done what little I did without them!

I wanted to post a few things about Saydi while I'm at it so I don't forget how special she is at this age and what a fun girl she is. She LOVES to play outside. Especially with her brother, although she is very independent and she is just fine to play anywhere by herself at any time.
It would take less time for me to write the words she DOESN'T say, she talks so good. She mostly speaks in sentences too and it is so nice to be able to communicate with her at such a young age since Weston took so much longer! She is my cuddle bug and I love, love, love it. She will sometimes crawl behind me when I'm sitting up on my bed or on the couch and ever so gently play with my hair. And when I pick her up and hold her on my hip she wraps one arm super tight around my neck, not to mention the crushing hugs she will give! She loves her babies and dolls and gives them random kisses as well as making sure they're wrapped up in their blankies. She does the "shh, shh, shh" thing still too and I'm sure that's bound to increase when baby brother comes! She never lets me forget to have us read scriptures after we read our books at night and she just started saying the prayer recently too, though not often. She is always the first at meal times to say "prayer!" and keep her arms folded until we're done, no matter how hungry she is. She is full of fun, laughter, and love and I honestly can not even imagine what our family would be like without her! She is such a sweet blessing and I'm so grateful that it's me she calls Mama. We love you Saydi bug!!
(This picture is blurry because it's from my phone and it's zoomed in but I HAD to post it because it perfectly captures Saydi's sweet, fun-loving personality. Love her.)

4 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

Saydi is just too stinkin cute. I don't know how you deal with it. I am so glad that you had a pre birthday for her. That was a great idea. I hope your pregancy is going well. Where Saydi came so early every post I see I am waiting to see if your little guy is here yet.

Brett and Cherice said...

Happy Birthday Saydi! She is so so cute. I love that she loved her tea set! Wish I could have been there. Hope you are doing good, can't wait to meet your little Jonas!

The Stones said...

I sure do love that little bug! She is so sweet and smart and cuddly! I bet it is a relief to have her party done with. Now Jonas can come any time :) Maybe he has just been waiting for that. I'm glad she had fun and liked all her stuff. Happy early bday to her!

The Ericksons said...

LOVE that precious girl! I'm so glad she had fun at her "un-birthday" party! =)