Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Saydi's Birthday

Saydi had her REAL birthday yesterday and is now officially two years old! It's hard to believe and at the same time I feel like she's always been in my life. We started out the morning with opening the last couple presents Mark and I had for her. Her very first Barbie (which I somehow can't stop playing with)
and her very first tricycle! She's having a hard time figuring out the pedals but she'll get there!
Mark had just come off a night shift so he went to bed and I took the kids to the library to stock up on some Baby Einstein movies and then we went and got some balloons to decorate the house with.

Poor Weston's bike broke just last week and there had been some serious arguments but then Saydi getting a new one just sealed the deal and I couldn't take much more fighting! So we went and got him a new bike after lunch and naps. I felt a little guilty doing that on Saydi's birthday but they both enjoyed their own bikes so much more once he had his own! We also took the kids to the mall to play with the Thomas train table in Barnes and Noble that they love and then had dinner at their favorite place, Olive Garden, since I just didn't have it in me to cook!

After we were done playing outside (hence the ragamuffin hair, outfit, general look) we came in for cupcakes which Saydi at first was not a fan of
and refused to blow out
but then she got to tasting the deliciousness that is rainbow chip cake and frosting and pronounced "I yike it!".
I always do so good on my kids' birthdays until I put them in bed and then I cry! I can't help it. They grow so fast and I can remember each of their births like it was yesterday. We love you Saydi and are so glad we have such a Precious girl in our family! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Kimber Bowen said...

You are such a good mom! What a wonderful birthday! I love the digusted face Saydi is giving with the lit cupcake. Oh she is too precious!!! Hope you are doing well and hanging in there for these last few days.