Thursday, June 30, 2011

Jonas, Jonas, Jonas

We're learning a few things with our new baby boy around. Like, you can still get water in your basement from a faulty foundation; your house doesn't care if your baby is only five days old. And boys still need to get circumcised and two year olds still need vaccinations even if mommy has a raging fever from an infection in her uterus. But mostly we're learning that each time we have a baby we fall head over heels in love and we always know they are meant to be in our family. Jonas is no exception. Here are lots of pictures and some things we're still figuring out about our new little guy.

Life can be too much for a tiny little guy.
Saydi always wants to "hold it" and Weston is starting to join in. Jonas NEVER cries when his siblings hold him.
He has big hands and feet and looks a bit monkey-ish when they're out. =)
Throwing up the peace sign and making a funny face to help pass the time.
Cuddle time with daddy is one of his favorite things.
He's just plain cute!
And sometimes confused.
I don't mean this in a bad way toward my other kids but Jonas is the best baby we've had. He is extremely low maintenance and doesn't even use a pacifier. He just calms down on his own. He eats every 2-3 hours and just sleeps in between or stays awake and just looks around. There's no fussing, crying or grumpiness from this guy EVER. He does have a terrible rash on his bum from all the diaper changes (we're seriously going through 15 to 20 diapers a day) and that makes him scream like crazy when I change his diaper but that's really the only time he ever cries or is upset. My other favorite thing about him is that he is my first baby that only nurses for 20 to 30 minutes and will quit on his own. Weston and Saydi used to never stop on their own and they never seemed full. He's just plain delightful! We love him so much and he just fits right in.

I also just have to say how grateful I am for Mark being such a good husband and dad. I don't think Wes and Saydi will want him to go back to work ever. Since he's been home they have gone swimming, to the drive-in to see Panda 2, to lots of parks, the library, the mall to play on toys, grocery shopping (which they love), and played with lots of cousins. Mark's been amazing at keeping them happy and helping them adjust to the fact that mommy is always locked in her room feeding a baby or sleeping. It's really helping them transition and it's helping me get better faster so that when he goes back to work (not for another week and a half!) we will all be better off. He's amazing and I love him so much for all that he does for our little family.

9 comments:

The Ericksons said...

These pictures are making me so antsy to come hold him again! He really is so adorable and so sweet. I've never even heard him cry! I'm glad he's such a good baby...hopefully it stays that way! (MY third child is kicking my trash!) Let me know when you feel up to a visit. Miss you guys!

Taunya Spaulding said...

what a good little baby! i hope your infection goes away! yikes! when can i come visit? do you need anything? :) just let me know when your up for visitors!

Jillyn said...

Jen! I can't believe how cute Jonas is! I love all the pictures. I can't wait for Brigham to meet him...I like to think they were playing up in heaven while they were waiting to come down. ;0) Do you think you'd be up for a visit in a couple of weeks? I'm coming up the the middle of July and would love to see you. But if its too much, I COMPLETELY understand. Let me know. Sure love you!

Kimber Bowen said...

Oh Jen I sure hope your infection goes away soon and you start feeling better. That must be so hard. Jonas is simply adorable. He is the cutest baby boy I have ever seen. I am so glad he is such a good baby.

The Stones said...

You guys sure know how to hit bad luck, especially with a new little one! He sure is cute though! He seriously seems to get cuter every single day. I'm so glad he's such a good baby. That is awesome! He is a doll. I can't wait to see him again.

Stewart Family said...

I'm a little slow but CONGRATS!!! He is beautiful! I'm so happy he's healthy and things are going well! Good job mom!

Andrew and Steph said...

Oh my word Jen I hope you're doing ok! You're a pro at this by now and just the best wonder woman ever! Good luck he's a sweetie.

Brett and Cherice said...

He is adorable! So glad he has been such a good baby. Hope you are feeling good:)

Jake and Gretchen said...

Good job Chen! Jonas is absolutely beautiful. I'm so sorry its been rough lately! All your kids are so darn cute. I just barely watched your chicken video and what really made me laugh was your laugh! Aww, I miss you!