Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer and Stuff

Well, summer is officially here which means I'm officially grumpy. I know, I know. I'm a weirdo. But summer is most definitely my least favorite season. I definitely do enjoy all the fun things you get to do, but doing them in ridiculous heat with sweat dripping from every orifice does not a fun time make...in my book at least. So to combat my dislike for heat and also my semi comatose state from being up with Jonas and then getting up with kids now that Mark is back to work, we have been trying to fill our days with summer "fun". Doing things like:

Holding our sweet baby Jonas (and sometimes smothering him a little too much!)
Doing some kind of cheer? "G-O, Weston go!"
Swimming. And looking adorable while doing so.
Going for walks. Especially to the park.
Enjoying the rare gloomy days and rain that leave beautiful rainbows like this one in our back yard.
And just generally being cute and happy!

6 comments:

Tim and Amber said...

I'm like you...I really dislike the summer...Hoodie weather is the best!! Glad you guys are all finding fun things to do outside!

The Ericksons said...

Those pictures of Weston and Saydi holding Jonas are pure preciousness! And I LOVE that pic you got of him smiling today - too bad you can't see the look of adoration on Hallee's face! =)

Kimber Bowen said...

He is adorable. What a sweetie. I love Saydi's cute hairdo in the swimsuit picture. So fun!

Taunya Spaulding said...

oh my! you have such cute kids! :) i can't believe summer is your least favorite...you're weird! ;) jk! we need to hang out!

The Stones said...

You make me laugh. Such big words like orifice. =) Um, could your kids be any cuter? I mean seriously. How did you manage to get a picture of Jonas smiling?! Too cute. I'm glad you are all finding ways to survive the summer. Remember who has AC and cable and junk food and any other thing that wouldn't be good for you....just sayin!

Brett and Cherice said...

Adorable, adorable kids!! Love that little Jonas' smile:) Hope things are going good! We need to get together soon:)