Saturday, August 20, 2011

Buddies

I did a post last year about how much Weston and Saydi's relationship reminded me of my relationship with my sister, Miss, when we were younger. As they grow up it's more and more apparent to me. Saydi (me) can be a beast and Weston (Miss) is ever so patient with her. Saydi likes to play on her own a lot and Weston just won't have it. He will stop what he is doing and do what Saydi is doing instead just to be with her. I love these two and all their craziness. In light of the new addition to our family that's been getting so much attention I decided a post just for them was necessary!

They each have their own crazy sense of style: Saydi's being a shirt with her swimming skirt and mommy's flip flops. Hey, at least everything matches right?!
Weston is more into the helmets at grandma and grandpa's that are two sizes too big.
Here's a good example of how they differ - where can you find Weston in the middle of a big rain storm? In the rain of course!
And where is Saydi? Cautiously watching Weston play from the safety of the screen door.
Ah, dinner time. My least favorite time of the day. The scene below is a common one. Weston telling me with great concern that Saydi isn't eating; Saydi pouting because she knows she has to eat her food and won't win the battle. A good example of Weston's mothering and Saydi's beastliness.
I love this picture because it also captures their relationship. Saydi is enamored by a plane passing overhead. Weston, of course, is looking at Saydi to make sure she's not missing the moment since he knows how much she loves to see the planes go by (as long as they're not too close that is).
I saved the best for last. I had a dentist appointment a couple weeks ago so Mark was home with all the kids. He was holding Jonas in our room and peeked out to see what the kids were up to. The following is what he found. Weston is hard to understand but he is saying "I wanna sit on your lap". And please ignore the disaster area that is called a kitchen. It's clean at night but usually a mess all day long. =)

I just love these two kiddos. There's nothing better then watching your kids play and seeing how much they love each other. I hope the memories they make together each day will be good ones for them and that they will always have a good relationship.

4 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

i love that they love each other! what great friends! it reminds me of me and my sister! but in that case i'm weston and ashley is saydi! :)

The Ericksons said...

They melt my heart. So adorable! This post made me kinda sad that Bopper won't have a sibling close to her age to be buddies with. (Good thing she has lots of cousins!)

The Stones said...

Oh so sweet! That video had me grinning like a fool. I love how much they love eachother. I hope Wes is ready to be bossed around his whole childhood! ;) The airplane pic and the one of him in the rain while she's inside made me GOLD, too. Cute post!

James and Danielle said...

Oh love it....it reminds me of Tyrell and Jarom! Your kids are so adorable!!