Monday, August 29, 2011

Saydi's First Hair Cut

I've been putting it off forever and ever, but I finally decided it was time to cut Saydi's hair. Her curls very aptly were hiding the fact that she had a mullet.
My cousin is a couple weeks away from finishing beauty school so we headed out to Austin Kade and had her cut it! Saydi was excited about it because I told her she could have fruit snacks while she was getting it cut if she would hold still. She did really good considering the way she behaves when I just try to put her hair in a pony tail! She was a little scared of the high seat and kept saying, "I gonna fall" but the cape and snacks helped distract her!
Fifteen minutes later my baby girl was no longer a baby! She looks so grown up now.
She wouldn't hold still long enough for me to get a good picture so I tried to get one the next day. But she still wasn't really cooperating. =) I am so glad I got it cut. The only problem I'm having is that when it's straight and she takes a nap she wakes up with it wavy/curly because she sweats!
Thanks April! Here's to the first of hundreds more! =)

3 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

aw! she's all grown up now! :) i've been meaning to cut garrett's hair, but i just don't want to face the fact that if i do, i will no longer be seeing a little baby!

The Ericksons said...

She's such a doll! Love that little girl!

Andrew and Steph said...

Hahaha! A mullet. That's classic Jen! It was a cute girl mullet though :) I love Saydi's new look. It's so cute. That's what I'm worried about if I ever have a girl is trying to grow their hair out. Can you imagine what I'll have to go through. . . a curly, fro, girl mullet! Haha! I'm in for it!