Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter (Better Late Then Never)

Our plans for Easter weekend changed many times but after it was all said and done we still had an enjoyable weekend. I had a wisdom tooth pulled on Friday so on Saturday we stayed pretty low key and did an Easter egg hunt at home about the real meaning of Easter.
The kids loved opening the eggs and seeing what was there. There was a scripture to go with each item and apparently they remembered because yesterday Saydi saw a thorn and said, "Jesus got owies from thorns". Now I don't feel so bad that the night before Easter I was helping her say prayer and I told her to ask to help remember what Easter is for and instead of her saying it she answered me with "candies!"

The loot. We kept it small this year. I don't like Easter to be a big holiday in the aspect of gifts.
First thing the did: dump entire contents out.
 Jonas was confused at the yellow grass and didn't care for it much. =)
Ready for church!
I know I'm biased, but man they are cute!!
 After church we went to my mom's with some of my sisters and did an Easter egg hunt. I sure am glad the Easter bunny didn't spend money on candy because we had TONS after this!
But all Jonas wanted was to suck on sticks.


We had a nice dinner at my mom and dad's and then came home and put the kids to bed. I do think my kids knew why we were celebrating Easter. But they definitely enjoyed the parts that weren't as important too!

No comments: