Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kid's Fair

Last week got off to a rocky start. I got a headache that landed me in bed for three days which hasn't happened in about five years. Then I got better just in time for Jonas to wake up covered in vomit and then start in on the diarrhea. We had big plans for Saturday so I was worried things were going to be rough but we made it to our day of fun slowly but surely. Mark went with the scouts to Craters of the Moon for a camp out and I took the kids with my sister, Becky, to the Kid's Craft Fair. It was madness. I seriously thought I was going to have an anxiety attack and lose a child (both of which almost happened).

The kids had fun jumping around on this and I wish I would have let them stay longer but I thought we would be doing other fun things. Turns out we mostly stood in line.
You may notice Weston has a red face. My poor boy is so shy and you could tell he was really nervous to let the fireman put him in the fire truck but he wanted to sit in there SO bad so he did it!

 No Saydi, we aren't done standing in line yet. 

 I'm pretty sure I know what Jonas was thinking: "Mom, you are one crazy lady to take us here. Don't lose my pacifier and we'll be fine."
And this is what it was all for. My kids LOVE Dora and Diego. LOVE THEM. I talked to them the night before about how we were going to see them but they would be big. We talked about not being scared, being polite, and sitting on their laps for a picture. Everyone was excited.
We get there and stand in line for over thirty minutes before we can even SEE them. And once we see them we realize the line snakes all the way down and back up again. At least another thirty minutes more of waiting. So we show Wes and Saydi Dora and Diego and they start panicking. The want nothing to do with it and neither of them wants to sit on their laps. I try convincing them to let me take a picture of them with Dora and Diego in the background. It didn't work...
 We headed to the store afterwards and that seemed to be more enjoyable for the kids. Although getting a balloon, popcorn and a sucker definitely made their day and they said they both had fun. But apparently making faces in this little mirror was better than seeing Dora and Diego.
 Kids. It's the little things I guess.
All in all it was a fun day even though it was hectic and stressful at times. So fun in fact that we ended the day with Weston barfing everywhere in the night. See...who says life is perfect?

2 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

you are VERY brave for taking your kids to that thing!! :) it looks like you all had a lot of fun! sorry you've been sick :(

The Carters said...

I LOVE the picture of them screaming with Dora and Diego in the background. I've come back to your blog several times to look at it when I've needed a laugh.
You are such a great momma. Rock on you for braving the crowds!