Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Wes!

I can hardly believe it but my baby boy turned one today! I did good until I was holding him right before I put him to bed...then I cried! He's such a good boy. He is so obedient (for a one year old boy at least) and has been such an easy baby. He has been walking everywhere for the last month and is officially off his bottle. He loves to make people laugh and his little grin can melt anyone's heart. We are so blessed to have him and I honestly don't know where I would be without him. I love you Fussy Britches!

Anyway, for his birthday we didn't do much since Mark works nights. Once Wes had lunch though I gave him a huge sugar cookie to eat. I'm making him a special cake for Saturday when his aunts come over and I wasn't up to making two so he got a different treat instead. After he took his first bite he looked up at me and slowly smiled and said , "num num". He made a huge mess but it was great.

Unfortunately he did have to go in for his one year well baby check and get shots. =( We're going to Brazil on the 26th and the nurse said he should have his immunizations for as long as possible before we go. The doctor's office was actually one of his favorite things of the day though because he played with the little round chair the doctor sits on for about 30 minutes. He was having a blast! He weighs 23 1/2 pounds and he's 31 1/4 inches long. He's growing great and has reached all the important milestones he should have by now.

Here is the huge mess he made after opening his presents. It was fun to watch him. He got an alphabet train from Grammy which he loved. 

Here he is opening a new flap book. He loves them so much and they're about the only thing I can read to him since the flaps keep him occupied long enough for me to actually finish a page before he turns it! 
This is the toy train my parents got him. It's cute and he really likes it. He also got two wooden puzzles and last night Miss gave him a cute toy dog. He's a spoiled little guy and it has been fun to watch him play with all his new toys!

4 comments:

Brett and Cherice said...

Happy Birthday yesterday Wes!! He is so cute Jen, and he is a good boy, good job!

Taunya Spaulding said...

Happy Birthday Wes!!! He's so cute jen! i missed you girls the other night! hope you had fun!

Kimber Bowen said...

Happy Birthday Weston! I can't believe he is already ONE! He is such a cute little boy!

alisekelley said...

Looks like Weston had a great birthday! What a cutie!