Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The most wonderful time of the year

So on Saturday we got all of our Christmas decorations up. And when I say "we" I mean ME. Mark did help move the bookshelves though so I appreciated that! I love getting my house ready for the holidays. I feel such an added measure of the Spirit and I love having that feeling for as long as possible! 


This is my nativity set and I just love it so I had to post this picture of it. Sarah gave it to us for our first Christmas and I don't think I'll ever get rid of it!!

Here is our tree and our new addition to the family...a piano! It's Sean's actually and he is letting us borrow it because I am going to start lessons. Hopefully this week. I love it. Our tree is kind of Charlie Brown and this picture doesn't show the decorations on it very good. We are against fake trees but we had to get one a few years ago because Mark was in Missouri for Christmas and I flew out to see him for a week and didn't want our tree to die. It seems like now there's been a reason to use it every year since then! This year is because first and foremost we have NO room in our tiny apartment for a big tree and also because we are going to Brazil for a week the day after Christmas and I didn't want to come home to a dead tree.

I turned the flash off on this one because it was glaring off my book case so sorry for the yucky coloring. But here are our stockings. Fussy doesn't have one yet because his from last year says Baby's First Christmas and it's not so I have to get a new one!

I also love this time of year because of the fun projects. My sisters came over last week and we made wreaths together. It was the funnest thing ever! Here are pictures of all of them and one of mine. You can't really see much detail...it looks more like a Christmas tree threw up on my love seat. =) 

6 comments:

alisekelley said...

Jen, I love your Christmas decorations. I am trying to fiquire out where to put a tree in my house. I love the Christmas wreaths. How fun!

Taunya Spaulding said...

ok! I am getting so frustrated! I can't find anything "christmassy" to decorate my house with!!! All I have is a 7-foot tree! whoopie! Cute decorations! and good luck with the piano lessons!!

Brett and Cherice said...

Jen, I love the decorations! They look great, your house is so Christmasy!! Great job on the wreaths! I am so jealous about the piano lessons that is seriously one of my goals-- someday I will learn:) My tree is a monster, it is my parents old one and we can't even use all the branches, or it would take over my living room!

Kimber Bowen said...

I love your decorations. You are amazing! I love having a house full of Christmas decorations. I still feel like a little kid and get excited for Christmas

The Christensens said...

Love your decorations. I actually have the same Christmas stockings for James and I. James and I got a panio the week before Jarom was born and I am started lessons in January. Goodluck!!! Maybe we can keep eachother motivated!

The Carters said...

Well, aren't you just Martha Stewart! (Only younger, cuter and not an ex-con.) I love all your stuff. Your little apartment looks so cute and festive.