Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Week in Review

Holy smokes we have been so busy lately! I feel like my life is flying by. And it's exhausting! =) We've done so many different things lately so rather then try to remember the details of it all I thought I'd just sum it all up as good as I can. I apologize right now for the long post. We try to use our blog as our family journal though so I don't want to forget anything!

My sister Becky came home from Boise for a visit last week. We all went to the park for lunch and Weston pushed his stroller around the whole time. It's his favorite thing to do and he does it almost every day at home too. While she was here she stayed with us for a few nights and it was so fun. She makes jewelry and we stayed up late making necklaces which was great for me! I didn't have to spend any money and I got new jewelry. =) One night while she was here Sarah came over too and they were helping to bath Weston. Well, he pooped in the tub! And not just a little either. Weston has never done this yet
and I was a little overwhelmed at where to begin. Luckily they helped me out. And I say luckily because the other night he did it again! Mark comes out of the bathroom to find me loading the dishwasher and says, "I'll do that, your son needs you." So I go into the bathroom and guess what I find? Dad won't always get away with shirking from that duty! This time I was prepared though. Let's just hope it was the last!

My oldest niece, Hannah, had her dance 
recital last week too and it was so fun to go to! Weston was sitting in the auditorium chairs making them bounce up and down and pretty much yelling "awwww"! He loved it and loved watching the kids dance. Hannah is one of his very favorite people in the world so when she was done of course he wanted to see her. It was cute and we had a good time. I don't have any pictures of her in her costume though and she was so adorable. 

We had a good Memorial Day weekend too. We went to my mom and dad's in the morning and
Weston wouldn't be good to get a picture with Grandma Anderson but I still thought this one
was cute. My mom's having open heart surgery in a week so we went to spend time with her while she could still pick Weston up and play somewhat. After that we had a nap and then headed to Cherice and Brett's (Hanson) house for a BBQ with some friends. It was good to see them and we had such a good time. Weston had fun running around their yard and kept trying to escape. I think he got fed about a dozen cookies
 so I'm sure he'll always be excited to go to their house! When we got home Mark and I made an impromptu decision to pack Weston up and go the the drive-in where we watched Terminator and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Weston was having SO much fun in the back of the van. We had a hard time getting him to go to sleep and it was almost 10:30 before he finally crashed! We decided we'll get a babysitter next time. =) 

On top of all these fun things normal life has been progressing as well. These are a few pictures I wanted to post. Mark lets Weston eat yogurt with no help. The other morning he came and got me out of bed to show me this. Weston was proud of himself too! 

On Sunday I was getting ready for church 
while Mark and Weston were playing on our bed. I came in to get dressed and found them out cold! I love how Weston has his feet crossed. He does that all the time but it was pretty funny to me. He's so huge and this picture makes me sad because it used to look like this when Daddy and Wes fell asleep together. 
Weston has officially become a little boy. His legs are full of scratches, bruises and cuts. His head has a few too. He's so busy and can't seem to stay out of trouble. The good/bad thing is that he's so tough we never find the scratches and cuts until we're bathing him or changing him or something. He never cries about it - just gets up and keeps going!  I'm counting down the weeks until our little girl is here (six more!) and if one more stranger tells me I look like I'm about to pop I think I'll cry. I feel great except at night when my skin feels so tight and she decides she ready to try to punch her way out through my belly button. By this point with Weston though I was already losing sleep because of the discomfort so I'm grateful to feel as well as I do! We got callings in our new ward last week. Mark is the New Scout Leader and I am the Assistant Webelos Leader. I know nothing about scouts and Mark remembers very little so this will be a challenge for us and we are very excited. We are loving having a yard and even though it's lots of work we've been spending lots of time outside and couldn't be happier!

7 comments:

Brett and Cherice said...

What a fun week! Thanks for coming to our BBQ, it was so fun and yes I am sorry my husband fed Wes a million cookies:) Hope everything goes good with your moms surgery. I can't believe you only have six weeks left!! You look so good! The strangers that tell you that you look like you are going to pop are crazy!!!:) Can't wait to see your little girl!!

Kimber Bowen said...

What a fun week. I absolutely love the picture of Weston and Mark sleeping. How cute is that. I hope all goes well for your mother's surgery. I can't wait till your little girl is here. That is so exciting.

Heidi said...

It certainly sounds like you've been busy and having tons of fun! Other than the poopy tub, of course, lol! I hope your moms surgery goes ok, I'll be praying for her. Don't you just love how everyone in the world has an opinion on your belly? And who decided that it was ok to tell pregnant woman that they look huge? It's like," I'm aware of how I look, you didn't need to point it out." It is never ok to say that to a woman, or anyone else for that matter, silly people. I bet you look gorgeous anyway!

The Pascoe Family said...

Wow, your pregnancy has gone by so fast, that is crazy that you only have 6 weeks left. She will be here before you know it.
I hope everything goes well for your mom.

Taunya Spaulding said...

Busy! Busy! Busy! Sounds like a fun week!! I just read on your ticker that you have 18 days left! WAHOO!!!

Jake and Gretchen said...

That picture of Weston alseep with just his shoes on is the cutest ever! Owen is doing the exact same thing with his stroller. He will push it around for hours! Give your mom a big hug for me and I hope everything goes well.

Miriam said...

FUN! Weston is such a lil stud, he is so cute! I bet your little girl is gonna be really pretty! I'm so excited your having a girl, every mommy needs one (i think at least :) I hope your mom does ok, and everything goes well, she is such a sweet women. OH ya, and I heard your friends with one of my husbands good buddies from growing up...small world thats fun!!! I think you should post another belly pic, since your getting so close! :)