Monday, May 4, 2009

What a weekend! (Beware of the long post!)

Mark and I had a little get-away this weekend before the baby comes. We did it when I was about this far along with Weston too and we decided we will do it with every pregnancy. It's nice to have some time alone! Anyway, we are too poor to get a hotel so we loaded up Marlene's RV and went up to Heise to camp overnight. It was a blast! Here is our cozy little campsite. We were the only ones at this spot right by this big rock. But after we'd been there for a couple hours some people came to rock
 climb. It was actually really entertaining to watch and we spent most of the night by the fire talking and watching people rock climb. A group of people from a singles ward came and Mark and I were laughing hysterically about how young and dumb we used to be! Now we're all growed up I guess. =) We climbed to the top of this big hill by the rock to get some good sticks for roasting our hot dogs and marshmallows. Although, I decided Mark officially can not be called a "camper" because he doesn't like s'mores! WHAT?! He's so weird. I ate my weight in s'mores and it was great! We had such a great night and slept pretty good considering we are both coming down with something and were a little cramped on the bed since my belly took up most the room! The next morning we had a nice breakfast and then laid around and read our books. Then we packed up and were going to go swimming in the
hot pool at Heise but we missed the turn and couldn't turn around with the big trailer so we decided to just head home! It was a nice weekend though and we enjoyed it so much. I love my husband so much and it's so nice to just spend time with him whether we're doing nothing or something. 

So in the mean time Weston was at his Aunt Sarah's playing 
with her and her two girls who he adores. He was a good boy and had lots of fun with them. We are so thankful she was willing to watch him overnight! She took this picture for me. She went to check on him after he was in bed and this is how she found him sleeping! Yes, he is actually asleep. He is obsessed with his blanket and has to have it shoved up in his face and in his mouth to go to sleep but this is a new one! 

On Sunday we went to two baby blessings. My cousin April who is also married to Mark's step-brother Kurt Pack blessed their baby girl Baylee so we went to that, grabbed a nap, and then headed off to go to Tarl and Tanya's (Mark's other step-brother). They blessed their baby Maya and then we had a big BBQ at Mark's dad's house. In between the blessings and BBQ we came home to change clothes and Trevor said he wanted to go with us so he did. This video is hard to see, I should have shut the blinds. But just listen. He was making Weston laugh harder then I've ever heard him laugh! If you can believe it, he was laughing even harder then this at one point! We sure do love Trev. He's such a character! 

So, our weekend was busy but very fun and we are glad we had a nice break. I just finished doing some more work from home and am glad I'm able to bring in some extra money but also glad that I can have a break for a little bit! Mark's shift has been changing so much and now he's "permanently" on the 10 AM to 8:30 PM shift. We'll see how this works out. We're waiting for Obama to release the hold he put on the funding for the Site for Mark to start out there. But it looks like it's going to be October. Thanks for voting for "change" America. Yuck. 

7 comments:

Jake and Gretchen said...

So funny! I love Weston's laugh. The whole time I was watching it I was thinking, he is totally his mom's child! (:

Taunya Spaulding said...

I love it when John and I are able to get away for the weekend! That video is so funny! He has such a cute laugh!

Kimber Bowen said...

What an adorable little laugh. How cute is Weston. That is so great that you guys got to get a way and have some time together. Glad you had a good weekend. I hope you guys start feeling better. And yipee to the new work schedule. I hate that Nathan has to work from 2 to 11:30pm I can't sleep very well till he gets home.

The Pascoe Family said...

That looked like a nice get a away. I love camping. Love the laugh, there is not many sounds sweeter then a child laughing :)

The Ericksons said...

That video is so hysterical! I am going to replay it if I'm ever having a bad day - it's impossible not to laugh along with it...at Weston AND Trevie! I'm glad you guys had a good weekend!

Heidi said...

What a great idea to get away before the new baby comes! You had a babymoon! I think Matt and i will have to try that :) Camping sounds like a lot of fun, especially since you were in a camper and not a tent, lol! Wes has such a cute laugh, I just fall in love with him listening to that giggle!

Brett and Cherice said...

Love the laugh, that is too cute. What a fun idea to just get away and what a great tradition to start for you too:)