Monday, May 18, 2009

Weston and baby Audrey

Well this weekend Weston met his cousin Audrey for the first time. Mark's brother Sean had his first baby and she is adorable! We were fortunate enough to get to have them stay at our house so we had lots of time holding her and feeding her. Our best friends had a baby just a little while ago too and I've been kind of worried to see how Weston would do around a baby but he loves them! He was so sweet with Audrey and would get the biggest grin on his face whenever he saw her. Mark had her on his lap and Weston was sitting next to him staring at her. He decided that wasn't close enough so next thing we know he's standing up trying to straddle Audrey and daddy! It's cute how smitten he is and it makes me not so nervous about having a baby. Although, he does get a little over zealous when he tries to help. He was trying to "rock" Audrey when she was in her car seat. Let's just say, it's a good thing she was strapped in! We had lots of fun this weekend and ate TONS of food. We stayed up late with Sean and Crystal playing Settlers of Catan. We played twice this weekend and both times I won. I never win so I was pretty excited about that. Of course we spent lots of time playing the Carlson classic, rummy. Weston either has allergies or some kind of bug but his nose has been running out of control all weekend but it didn't stop him from playing outside with all the cousins all weekend. I think he would live outside if I would let him! The only down side to Sean and Crystal coming is that now I've spent a lot of time holding a newborn and I can hardly wait to see my own little girl! I forgot how sweet they are and how tiny! I'm trying to remember that it's easier to take care of her where she's at but it's not helping very much. =) 

This weekend I also got together with all my sisters and our best friend from high school Jillyn (Searle) Nelson. Her little boy Noah is so precious and holding him made me want to see my baby too! It was so good to see her and we all had a great time and some seriously good laughs. It was one of those weekends that doesn't necessarily leave you feeling refreshed and ready for a new week but is totally worth it anyway. We had a lot of fun and we're looking forward to holding the next little baby - our own!!

3 comments:

Andrew and Steph said...

Jen, Weston is going to be such a good big brother and "helper". I can't wait to see your new little one! I can't hold too many infants either or I start getting baby hungry too. Hope you're doing well!

Heidi said...

How fun that you got to have a little practice session with a new baby girl! Weston sounds like he will be a wonderful big brother!

Taunya Spaulding said...

Get out?! Settlers of Catan? My brother got that game for Christmas and I HATE IT!!!!! I don't know if I'm just retarted or what-but that game is sooooo confusing to me!!! Anyways-Weston will do awesome as a big brother! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Audrey! That was one of my "girl names" if I happen to have a girl someday! NO ONE STEAL IT PLEASE!!!!! :)