Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Bit of Everything

Lots has been going on that I haven't really been blogging about so I figured I should update. Our niece Steph has "officially" moved in with us. She is looking for a job and unless she can't find one she will most likely be living with us for a while.
It's been lots of fun and nice to have some company because Mark has been working INSANE hours lately. They were on a weird schedule that basically had him going back and forth between working nights and days every week because he was getting so much overtime. Lots of people complained though so now they're going back to the 4x4 schedule (four days on, four days off). He works 12 hour shifts but is gone 15 hours total with the bus ride so he doesn't get to see the kids at all on the days he works and it's been kind of hard for him but he will get so much good quality time with them now that he'll have four days off in a row.

My favorite recent picture of Saydi is this one. I put Weston's clothes on the couch one morning and was in the bathroom doing my makeup while they were playing. I started walking into my room to get something and I checked to see what they were up to and found Saydi playing this way. And she was happy as could be too! She sure is tolerant of her older brother and the way he "plays" with her!
Weston is completely incapable of taking pictures lately. He either gets too excited to see what it will look like and runs over to see the other side of the camera before I take it or he closes his eyes. But I still wanted to post this picture because man oh man, look at those lashes! Heart breaker coming through!
On a side note I wanted to post a picture of this pillow I made for my niece, Emma's, upcoming birthday. My sister suggested that it would be a good gift and when I remembered that I had some scrap material in her favorite colors I decided I would do it. So during my sleepless night last night I put this together in my head and then made it today. I've been wanting to try those yo yo's out every since I saw them on a Angalee Blatter's blog and finally got around to it. I loved them so much that I made some more to put on some hair clips for my other nieces. They are surprisingly easy! Anyway, I put this whole pillow together for a grand total of $5! Love it. You can't see it but there's green stitching around the "E" too.
So that's pretty much all that is new around this joint. Saydi woke up a little bit sick and has plummeted downhill today and Weston decided he'd join in this afternoon so this weekend should be interesting! Thankfully Mark has it off - after working for eight days straight! We're excited to say the least!

No comments: