Monday, February 22, 2010

Don't Know What You've Got Till It's Gone

Health!! Please come back to my place of residence! My poor babies have been SO sick all weekend. Three days of fevers, coughs and runny noses. Neither one of them have been themselves and it just breaks my heart. Weston's been rubbing at his head and eyes and today he starting beating himself on the head and I completely freaked out because that's what I did when I had my blood clot. So now I feel so bad that my poor little guy has a headache too. We're going to the doctor tomorrow - fevers or not. And even if/when he tells me it's "just a cold" at least I'll know I did my part, right? I think they got it from Mark and I just have to say, I'm so grateful for all the help he's given me all weekend with the kids and the house even though he hasn't felt so hot himself. I seriously would have had a break down without him.

So - in the hopes of remembering the days before illness ruled our house I decided to post this adorable video of what a good brother Weston is. I have a recent one of him actually feeding her baby food and it's precious too but I'm too lazy to go find my camera and upload it to my computer. Maybe some other post. =) Saydi sure loves her snacks!
This same day I turned around to check on them and found Saydi reaching for Weston. I thought it was so cute and the next time I turned around to check on them I saw this:
I watched them quietly to see how long it would last and they both sat that way for a good 3-4 minutes. They melt my heart. And hopefully they'll be enjoying such moments again SOON!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

awwww! i love that picture, its sooo sweet!

Tim and Amber said...

awh...what a good big brother he is! Jackson does the same head banging thing when he is sick too. It makes me want to cry!

Taunya Spaulding said...

oh no! i'm sorry you're family has been sick! :( But i love the video and i love that picture even more! how precious!! See ya in a couple of days i hope! :)

unique FONT said...

wonderful

Peterson Family said...

I don't like having a sick home. I take being healthy for granted. I have a nasty cold right now and I'm really hoping and praying the boys won't get it too. When I'm sick, I think about all the people with chronic pain and sickness and it makes me realize how good I have it. We are blessed. Hope you guys are feeling better soon. And very cute video--my son wanted to watch it over and over again. I love having 2 children. It just makes everything a little more fun.