Thursday, February 4, 2010

Love Him


Six years. Wow. A long time. Mark and I will have been married for that long this Sunday. Crazy, I know. What's even more crazy to me though is how much we've been through in those six years. The divorce of our siblings who were married to each other; a four month separation when he was in the Marines and had to do special training in St. Louis; hospital stays for me (something I've gotten used to but Mark had to adjust to) - one of which was while he was in St. Louis and I was in CA completely alone; infertility; five moves and three jobs; and of course every other adjustment that comes with getting married and sharing your life with someone else. And yet somehow we've managed to come out even better than we started.

Through it all we've never once raised our voices at each other (not that we haven't had arguments!). We've always seemed to be able to get through our trials by becoming closer and more dependent on each other, something I know isn't always easy for couples to do. And I couldn't be more grateful for all of our good times AND bad; because they have made us into the people we are.

I'm grateful for the husband, father, and person that Mark is. I'm grateful for the way he honors his priesthood. I'm grateful for the love and respect he shows for me and our little family. I'm grateful that I know without a doubt we are his number one priority. And I'm especially grateful to know that our anniversary's will never have an end and that he will literally be my husband forever. I'm grateful for him. I love you Baby.

4 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

how sweet! 6 years! wow! i can't believe you've been married for that long! :) see you in a few weeks for my baby shower! YAY!! :)

The Ericksons said...

Aww, that is so nice. I am so happy that you are happy and you have the most precious family. We love you guys and appreciate everything you do for us. Hope you have a great anniversary!!!

Conder Family said...

Happy Anniversary on Sunday (my Sunny's birthday)! It is a MAGICAL day.

Brett and Cherice said...

Congrats! Six years wow:) That is awesome! It is a wonderful blessing knowing you will and get to be together forever!