Saturday, February 27, 2010

Brother and Baths

Despite all the sickness and chaos that has been prevailing at our house lately I can't help but be grateful for my little family. Weston blows me away every day with how good of a brother he is. Yesterday I was in the middle of feeding Saydi and I remembered I had started making Weston's dinner and needed to finish it so I was trying to hurry and do that but Saydi wasn't very happy that she wasn't getting her food. So Weston just crawled up into the chair, grabbed her food off the table, and finished feeding her her food. He did a pretty good job too - once I showed him how to get small amounts of food onto the spoon!
The other thing he does that helps me is unloading the dishwasher. Whenever he hears me open it he will come running (without even being asked) and start handing me things one and a time. Sometimes I have to hurry and get the glasses away from him but for the most part he is pretty good about it. He always helps until every last dish is put away, and if I'm being too slow and he knows where it goes he will actually put things away on his own. Hopefully he will continue to think it's a "fun" thing to do as he gets older! He's been such a blessing to us and was well worth the wait!

Saydi loves her biter biscuits. She still has NO sign of teeth except for all the drool and gnawing she does. Anyway, she makes such a mess that I can never give her one unless we can head straight to the bath afterwards.
I've started letting her sit up in the bath more but it still makes me kind of nervous since she has slipped once or twice when she gets too excited. But she is so happy sitting up that I just love it. She figured out she could splash and it is a huge hit with her. (P.S. Don't be alarmed by Saydi's nubbin of a belly button. It's still herniated but the doctor said it should completely close on its own sometime soon. Hopefully.)
The kids are starting to get better since we found out the both had double ear infections and got them on antibiotics. I got hit with whatever they all had a few days ago but am over the worst of it - I think, and am anxiously awaiting spring and summer and an end to cold season!

5 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

What a good big brother and helper! That's too cute that he likes to help out! :) Thank you so much for coming to my baby shower! i hope you had a fun time! and i love the outfits you got me! I can't wait to dress him up in them! and i'll let you know when garrett gets here!! :) 2 more weeks! I'm glad your kids are starting to feel better!

Brett and Cherice said...

Jen! Your kids are so so so adorable! I can't believe Weston helps feed Saydi, that is the cutest thing I have ever seen, especially that last video of him feeding her puffs! I love it!

Kimber Bowen said...

I can't believe how good Wes is. He is so adorable. What a great big brother. I hope that you all get feeling better. I am sorry that you are all now sick. Saydi is a sweet little girl, she is so beautiful.

Stewart Family said...

Okay Jen! So cute! Kate is doing the same thing with no teeth yet! It is so messy all the time! And we have a very similar yellow and black 'bee' outfit! What a great helper Weston is! Isn't splashing SO much fun!! Ha ha!

alisekelley said...

Little helpers are so much fun!