Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Part One - Camping

We went to Indian Springs Resort (just west of Pocatello) to go camping with Mark's side of the family this year for Memorial Day. The first day was windy but not too bad. The pool there was 90 degrees so we went swimming and my kids loved it until they had to get out and it was beyond freezing cold. We played and had lots of fun but it was so cold and windy (sometimes rainy) that we left Saturday afternoon instead of early Sunday morning. I felt like I was committing child abuse by having my already sick kids out in that weather! So even though we had lots of fun we also were party poopers.
Saydi loved her little camp chair
Ty was walking with Weston and they were holding hands. Of course I missed it but still thought this was adorable. The youngest and oldest boy on Mark's side.

While we were there Mark decided things were getting too boring so he decided he'd try jumping from one bank to the other of this little stream that was by our camp. It was shallow enough that it wouldn't even cover our ankles in some places but there was no wading so he had to find other ways to utilize the fun without breaking the rules. =) It started out with a small jump. Then he moved onto bigger ones. Jakob said if I jumped over the smaller part then he'd do the bigger part. Can't miss that opportunity! So I did it and my ankles tingled for about 5 minutes afterwards. Talk about feeling like an old timer! But it was worth it to make Jakob do it! The videos speak for themselves so I'll just include those and let you enjoy!
We called this the "oh crap" jump. I warned Mark it was making the blog. Ba ha ha.
This lovely incident resulted in Sean having to go to the doctor and finding out he has a severe sprain and can't bear weight on his foot for a week. He landed on Mark's bad foot that was run over by his humvee in Iraq and Mark was hurting pretty bad too. But you can't dismiss the hilarity. My absolute favorite is how they crawl up the hill. What a bunch of old geezers.

2 comments:

Jake and Gretchen said...

The best part of that post is your laugh! It is so contagious and it makes me miss you so much! Looks like you guys had fun!

Taunya Spaulding said...

oh man! too funny! that looked like it hurt! we wanted to camping but it was WAY too cold! glad you all had a good time with each other! :)