Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Part Two - Family Fun

We got home from camping on Saturday and started cleaning up. Let me tell ya, I've washed my hair a half a dozen times since then and I STILL smell a trace of campfire in it. Gross. We were all exhausted for church but we had to go since I got a new calling as 2nd counselor in the Primary presidency and had to do sharing time. Except for the fact that I all but had lost my voice from being sick it was a great day of much needed recuperation!

On Monday we went to Town and Country Gardens first thing in the morning and got all the stuff for our garden. This year we have raspberries, rhubarb, strawberries, red potatoes, carrots, cucumber, roma tomatoes, zucchini squash (I meant to buy just zucchini, woops), beans and peas. I'm so excited and am really hoping everything will come in good! I'll post pics as soon as things start coming up. We worked in the yard the rest of the day and just had so much fun together as family.

That night we put the kids to bed at their regular time, 7:00, and then got them out of bed an hour and a half later to take them to the drive-in! Shrek Forever After and Iron Man 2 were playing. Weston pretty much stayed awake through all of Shrek and a lot of the beginning of Iron Man. Saydi woke up after Shrek and was so excited to see where we were. I snapped this picture but it was pitch black so it blinded the kids and I couldn't really see what I was taking a picture of.
So you can see they loved it but Mark and I started thinking that maybe we're too old for this. I couldn't manage to stay awake the whole time. We were dead the next day and decided the next time we'll go is only if we don't have to get up with kids the next morning!

We had a great weekend and it was so nice to have Mark home for four whole days for the first time in months! We got a lot of stuff done and just enjoyed being together as family. Those are the best kinds of weekends for sure!

2 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

You are such a good mom. I would have never thought to brave a drive in movie. It sounded like fun even though you were tired the next morning. I am so jealous of your garden. That is so exciting. I can't wait to see pictures of it in bloom.

The Carters said...

Brett and I have talked about taking Macy to the drive-in. Maybe we'll get brave now and do it since you did! Good luck with your garden, it sounds like you are going to have lots of yummy stuff!