Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

Mark worked this weekend but the kids and I tried to still have a fun holiday. Friday was Mark's last night before going back to work so we got the kids out of bed when it was dark and did some fireworks. They both loved watching them but Weston was definitely not willing to try out the sparklers. Maybe next year. We went to the parade the next morning and they both did really good. Weston absolutely loved the helicopters! After lunch and naps we did some snaps outside which Saydi didn't care about but Weston loved. Then I decided that since we couldn't go camping we'd bring camping to us. About 30 seconds into setting this up I was ready to quit. The kids were crawling all over it and it was harder then it looks to get it set up by myself. But I'm nothing if not determined so I pressed on and the kids were so happy afterwards! I moved Weston's extra mattress into it and had every intention of letting him sleep in there but he threw one too many fits before bedtime so unfortunately, he had to sleep in his bed. Mean mommy.
Sunday was pretty much business as usual except for the ridiculous fireworks going on outside all night. Thank goodness the kids didn't wake up. It did turn out to be a pretty fun weekend. It would have been better if my kids weren't fighting non-stop and testing the limits. I swear something happened overnight and we are now full steam ahead in the terrible two's. Yuck. I know I'm supposed to learn patience from my kids and we are all hoping that lesson will be learned SOON!

3 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

Sorry Mark wasn't there to enjoy the 4th with all of you but at least you guys did something! and kudos on putting up the tent!! i would have bagged the whole tent thing after about 10 seconds so good job!!

So excited for Friday!!! :)

Kimber Bowen said...

You are a great mom! You took them to the parade and set up a tent by yourself so impressed. Sorry about the terribles Chase is in that stage and it is hard.

The Ericksons said...

The girls are very jealous about the whole tent situation. They have asked us to do that before, but our tent is too big! BTW, I like your new blog format! =)