Monday, June 24, 2013

Jonas' 2nd Birthday

Two days after Saydi turned four my "baby" turned two! I can't believe Jonas is two already. His small head makes him seem younger than that to me. =) On his birthday we woke up and after breakfast got busy opening presents so that we could get ready for the day and go to the employee picnic that Mark's work was doing for the day. They had face painting, balloon animals, bouncy houses and lots of food. The kids had a great time and it was a great way to celebrate his special day! After he had a nap he got to open a present from grandma and grandpa Anderson and then we spent the afternoon in the yard cutting down some huge branches from our trees. That was fun for Jonas so he enjoyed the project! After dinner we had cake and baths and pretty much all collapsed into our beds for the night. It was an exhausting week!

Jonas got this dog that barks and wags his tail from his Auntie Amy. He is obsessed with dogs for who knows what reason so he has loved this little guy!
 Opening presents with the help of big brother.



 New bedding for his big boy bed!

 Half the time Jonas was in his stroller while we were at the picnic. The other half he was up here. Cute boys.

 Despite daddy's best efforts I really think Weston's favorite super hero is Spiderman. Whenever he gets a chance to choose something, Spiderman is what he requests.
 As mentioned in the previous post, Saydi has taken a liking to monkey's. Pretty cute.
 And surprisingly Jonas just sat on daddy's lap and held perfectly still while the lady painted his face! I was surprised. This lady was amazing too!
 I know I'm biased but I'm pretty sure this is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I couldn't get enough of him. Much better than an actual dog in my opinion.
 The gang. Notice Weston keeping his distance from me? This pretty well describes how he has been lately whenever daddy is around. There's no question who his favorite parent is!
 A month ago or so we were talking about Saydi's birthday (of course) and she actually came up with the idea of doing a dog cake for Jonas. I decided it would be perfect considering his current obsession. Not to mention the fact that I was fairly certain I could manage to at least make a cake that looked similar to a dog. I have yet to make a cake that turns out the way I see it in my head but Jonas loved it and more importantly, could tell it was a dog so we'll call it a success. 
 He thought it was pretty funny when we started singing to him.
 This picture doesn't do the mess justice. There was cake and face paint ALL over him, his shirt, the chair, and table. Hence the reason for his happiness. I've never met a kid who loves to be messy as much as this guy does.
 That night daddy convinced me Jonas was ready to join big brother downstairs in his big boy bed and since we only have 2 1/2 months until the baby is here I decided it would be good to transition now so that he will be fully adjusted by the time the baby comes. With my other two it was no big deal but for some reason I had a hard time! I kept wanting to go get him and bring him back upstairs. =) He has been wanting to sleep in the extra bed in Weston's room though and after we first got him in bed I kept hearing him just randomly giggling over the monitor in my room. I snagged this picture after he finally fell asleep.
Overall he had a great day and we all slept hard that night after an exhausting week of birthdays! I don't know if we'll ever get used to this two birthdays in two days thing but the kids had the time of their lives and that makes it all worth it.

At two years old Jonas can say too many words to even write but some of my favorite things he says are: what doing, why, Weston, Saydi, baby, sandals, mom (yes, mom, not mama; he only calls me mama when he is sad which sometimes makes me sad but the way he says mom is adorable) read it, kay, I love you, and thank you. He LOVES dirt! I can not keep him out of it no matter what I do. And he is pretty much happy as long as he is doing whatever Weston and Saydi are doing. He says please and thank you without being prompted to do it most of the time and he loves being outside. Not sure if this was a fluke or not but yesterday I heard him counting to 8 with Weston. We'll see if I can get him to do it again. He is a smart boy though and has an adventuresome spirit. I can not imagine our home without him and am looking forward to seeing him as a big brother. Love you Jonesy!

No comments: