Thursday, April 9, 2009

Life in the fast lane

Well, things have seemed a bit hectic still. We are mostly settled but there are about a million little projects here and there that I need to do. Weston sure is loving all the room to run around and play but has had a few incidents already. He seems to fall down even more then usual (including the stairs...again - yes, someone please call CPS) but he's a pretty tough guy and doesn't seem to mind the small mishaps. Here are a couple recent pictures of him. 
Yesterday he was playing on his rocking horse and was cheesing it up for the camera.
Marlene sent Mark home with these tiny little cupcakes the other night. She thought Fussy would enjoy them and he sure did as you can tell! Notice how he abandoned all of his pretzels?
Also, I finally took a picture of the outside of our house. I haven't taken one of Weston's room yet because it is still just so far from what I want to be done in there so I'm going to wait until it's cuter. He's doing good in his big boy bed though and loves everything about it. Our next task it to get him off his paci and honestly, I think I want him to stay on it more then he does! He goes to sleep so much better with it and he knows it's time to go night-night when he has it. But...I don't want two kids on a paci (actually, I'm hoping this baby won't take one at all. Weston only got one because he started sucking his thumb and you can't take that away from a kid so we stuck a paci in his mouth before he got addicted!). 

Things are going good around our joint. We feel so blessed to have so many wonderful things happening in our life right now and know that it's from our Heavenly Father. This pregnancy has been such a breeze for me and even though I'm starting to get uncomfortable it's not very bad at all. It helps that I've only gained 7 pounds! Not the case with Weston! But I'm glad because it's easier to chase Weston around. Now we are just counting down the days for Mark to hear from the site when he can start and hoping it will be before the baby comes!

8 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

That is so exciting that you got Weston a big boy bed. Let me know how the paci thing goes. I have been trying too, oh how it is a fight though. I hate it during the day, but I too love it at night, it comforts him back to sleep. I am glad you are loving your home, it is beautiful. I love the picture of Weston on his horsey, he is so cute.

Brett and Cherice said...

I love Weston's cheesy grin, he is so cute! Your house is so beautiful, I love it! I am glad this pregnancy is going so well, only 7 pounds!! Lucky:) We need to get together! :)

Brett and Cherice said...

Sorry, me again, I LOVE the red in your kitchen!

The Ericksons said...

Such cute pictures! I'm glad Westy bounces back so quickly...hopefully his lip isn't looking too bad after his mishap today. And I hope you will still let me babysit him!

Taunya Spaulding said...

hello! cute pics of weston! your house is so cute! it makes me want one really bad! we've been looking and looking but nothing has really appealed to us!

Jake and Gretchen said...

Weston is in a big boy bed!? I am so impressed. To be honest I haven't even thought about doing that yet. You are so on the ball! Your house looks really cute!

The Carters said...

First of all, love the house. Pretty sure you are the only person EVER to have their house completely unpacked and decorated within a week of moving in.
Secondly, only seven pounds? What gives? I think I've gained that much in the past month and I'm not even pregnant!
Love ya anyways. :)

Heidi said...

I'm glad you're feeling so good and that you're so happy with your beautiful house! Congrats on all your wonderful milestones! Westong does look adorable on his little horse, he's getting so big!